24. she cringed

24. she cringed

#RaeJay #valkyrae #sykkuno #ValkyJay #RJ #RayJay #amigops

Rae cringed when she scrolled through all the rising hashtags with people shipping her and James. She knew she had it coming with her falling on a shirtless James and a hundred thousand people watching them.

Why did she have to be this clumsy?

It was evening already by the time they settled at Sykkuno's house. Apparently Sykkuno's roommate often travelled and hence he was out of town again and that made enough room for them. It was just for the weekend because then they'd shift to the hotel for their gameplay.

'Wow. Shipping game back in business huh?' Toast chuckled while, sitting across Rae and placing his legs on the sofa armrest, just besides Rae's hand. Corpse was also seated on the sofa but his back was against Rae's shoulder, while he played on his mobile. Mika was on her feet, literally sleeping on her feet refusing to go inside because Bimbus was in Sykkuno's room.

Apparently Mika and Bimbus just shared the same chemistry their owners shared.

She tried getting out of Corpse's weight or away from Toast's legs, but she was literally caged by the two boys, three if Mika was counted. The only one left was Sykkuno who was setting up his stream.

'Oh my goodness, you guys!' She yelled, unable to get up. 'Move!' She said but none of the three budged.

'Shipping?' Corpse asked, his heavy back resting well on Rae's arm. 'Shipping who?'

Toast and Rae shared an eyelock, where Rae told him to shut up with a firm glare, Toast only chuckled harder. 'The new couple is in town, Corpse. If you could get your head out of the game of chess, you'd know.'

No amount of Rae's gritting of teeth was stopping Toast from furthering this topic. 'What couple?' Sykkuno asked, coming out of his room.

'You don't know Syk?' Toast grinned, his eyes redirecting to Rae and then back at Sykkuno again. 'He doesn't know, Rae.'

'Shut up Toast!' Rae almost yelled again,  and Corpse handed her the pillow from beside him, while still playing chess on his phone and Rae hit aimed at Toast with it.

However Rae's hit was neatly dodged by Toast who only laughed harder. 'Rae, loosen up. We're here to have fun.' He imitated her from earlier back and Rae gave him the finger.

On seeing their banter, Sykkuno walked closer standing up behind Toast's chair, a smile on his face.

'Oh, Sykkuno. You're smile is so beautiful. I hate it when you hide it.' Rae pouted, awwing at Sykkuno who now covered his mouth while laughing at her comment.

'Yes Sykkuno.' Corpse said, his deep voice often taking command in the room. 'Drop the hand, Syk. You're pretty!'

'So pretty it hurts.' Toast over dramatically said, looking up at Sykkuno who laughed, although he did release his hand, relaxing with his favorite kind of people.

Sykkuno sat on another chair, a little uncomfortable but a lot more chilled while Rae sat scrolling through her messages. Her mother had been pestering her to drop home and she managed to find an excuse everytime.

It wasn't like she wasn't a family person but she never really got along with her brothers and they often bullied and teased her, and she didn't wanna go home to that. Being the youngest was hard, especially with tall built rude siblings. 

'Who's the new ship?' Sykkuno asked meekly, Rae saw James stand at the front door of Sykkuno's room. He was dressed in his tracks and a comfy t-shirt and his hair yet again neatly done, a mug of coffee in his hands as he witnessed their banter from a distance.