43. he adored

A/N

This scene may come off as cringy. Read at your own risk. This author sucks at writing romantic scenes.

43. he adored

'I just...' Rae hesitated, leaning closer towards James. She could swear it was more like a spell than her own doing with his arms around her. 'I just...'

Before she could even manage to complete her sentence, James took the final step to cage their bodies together. Instantly, Rae's eyes closed, her hands holding his waistcoat firmly now as James's warm lips took hold of her soft ones.

And just like that, Rae slipped in another world. A different place, a beautiful one, with just she and this 6 feet man who was kissing her. His hand slipped up from her back to her neck, holding her close as he held their kiss, and Rae took no time to synch in. Their heads tilted, perfectly as she inched closer, more her doing than James's and he devoured her lips.

Slowly, like a steady enchantment, they kissed under the moonlight.

He tasted like fine wine, his woody scent now embarking it's presence in her senses, as she wrapped her hands around his neck, letting go of all the worries that she was holding back for so long. His one hand still on her neck, holding her gently and the other wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer than ever.

She tasted like vodka to him, because with every kiss, she was getting him intoxicated. With every second, they were only drawing closer, moving their lips to warm up in the cold.

She never felt this way.

All her relationships were when she was into that person, and was assured about her love for them. With James, she was being involved with all emotions, the hatred, the discernment, the confusion, the clarity, the attraction, the tension and now it was all free.

There was nothing but pure dopamine oozing through veins, her head getting lighter, her heart beats resounding in her ears.

They soon separated, gasping for breath and a neck strain for the both of them. However none of them even inched away from their close proximity, James's hands unwilling to let go from around her, and Rae's grip all the more strong on his coat. She had her eyes shut though, breathing heavily as James admired her. His breath mixing with hers, his nose touching her cheeks gently and every touch only getting Rae's heart to flutter.

He kissed her cheeks, softly, then traced her jawline with his soft kisses as Rae melted under his hold, gripping his arm now. With a lot of grit, she opened her eyes, finding them instantly locking with those midnight pair of dark eyes, looking at her only with pure adornment.

They didn't speak at all.

They didn't have to.

James carressed her hair, tucking it behind her ear as she felt dizzy under his cold touch. She was on her tip toes now, making James lean down the most. She gulped as she felt herself wanting more, and thank goodness was he good at catching hints.

This time he picked her up a bit, being small had it's own advantages as Rae wrapped her hands around his neck comfortably, deepening the kiss and rushing into the new high of their unnamed relationship.