Seventeen & Eighteen

PART SEVENTEEN

“So…” Aston said as the taillights of the cab disappeared down the end of the street, silence hovering over us, “You invited me in because?”

I fiddled with my keys for a minute before pushing the door open, not answering his question. Without turning any of the lights on I kicked off my flats and dropped my bag on the floor, shrugging out of my coat and letting it slip into a heap.

“You said you’d show me how to let go,” I told him, my chin tilted knowingly.

“I didn’t mean…” he said, his eyes catching mine in the darkness, a scared look in them. Like all of a sudden he was in too deep.

“You can go if you want,” I sighed.

“No, it’s just unexpected. Are you sure you want to do this?”

“For tonight, yeah. Isn’t it what you’ve been dying for?” I said quietly. Inside I was shaking like a leaf. I had no idea why I thought this was a good idea, but ever since his hands had been placed on my hips in the club I couldn’t get the idea out of my mind. I needed to see what this was, for once and for all.

“I won’t deny that I’ve thought about it,” he told me, “But I don’t want to seem like I’m pressuring you. I could just take you out for dinner or something instead…”

“You’re not pressuring me, I’m the one asking for it,” I said cutting him off.

“Ok then, so what do we do?” he asked me as we stood awkwardly in the dark foyer.

“I don’t know…” I whispered. To be fair, I hadn’t done this in ages… What was I supposed to do? I couldn’t even remember.

Our eyes locked in that moment and I could start to feel a lot of the walls that were built so high around me come tumbling down. At least just a little bit. 

“How about this?” Aston whispered, stepping closer to me and placing his hands on my waist, just like before.

The soft touch of his hands caused me to lose my breath, and I couldn’t help but tremble slightly, my heart banging wildly.

“And then this…” Aston added, leaning in so our noses were almost touching, our eyes still locked together, and out bodies pressed close to each other. I took a deep breath in through my nose, his aftershave wafting into my senses.

“And finally…” he concluded, pressing his lips tenderly against mine. 

I’d thought his kiss would be hard and not mean anything to me, but it was completely the opposite. It was gentle and quite nice and I wanted more of them, lots more.

“Ast…” I breathed out as he pulled away, looking down at me.

“I should go,” he said, letting go of me and taking a step back, “Let you get some rest for training tomorrow.”

“Please stay?” I asked, inwardly freaking out as he intention to leave. Why did I want him to stay so bad?

“But…”

“Please?” I insisted.

“If you really want me to,” he said, following me up the stairs to my room quietly.

“I do. But, I haven’t got a spare toothbrush,” I told him as I wandered into my ensuite bathroom and shut the door behind me to get ready for bed.

“I’ll use my finger!” he called back.

A silly smile on my face from his comment, I stared at myself in the mirror, not believing what had come over me. Had I really invited Aston over to my place? Had we really just kissed in my foyer? Was I really hoping it had gone further, only to be disappointed that he’d stepped away?