- Chapter 20 -

Once Cadáver had left, Sykkuno sat and stared off into space. "What just happened?" 

To recap, Cadáver had gone to chat with Sykkuno about their latest encounter involving the herbalist to run off, embarrassed. Thankfully, it was a tiny misunderstanding that concluded quickly.

He stood up slowly and walked to enter his room, making sure to stay quiet so his roommates wouldn't wake up. Sykkuno wasn't fond of the idea of having roommates since he took comfort in being alone. Unless he wasn't with complete strangers.

Sykkuno changed into his clothes, picturing what he'll look like when he receives his uniform. He queried if Corpse would fancy the uniform on him.

Afterwards, with Bimbus following behind, he exited the room once again. He walked down the halls into the commons. However, before leaving, he took an apple from the many fruits resting in a basket on the counter. Sykkuno made his way quietly to the lobby of the medical wing. The Chief should be there to greet him.

Once he made it there, he didn't see The Chief, but instead, Asher. "Ah, good morning!" Sykkuno speaks cheerfully. "Morning, The Chief is passed out from earlier, so I'll assign you to your position."

"Oh no, is she okay?"

"She's drunk." Asher answers, "Please follow me."

Asher brought him and instructed him to sit down. Sykuno saw a few others in the lobby as well, waiting with anticipation. He assumed they would need to wait for the others to come as well.

Bimbus rolled on the ground belly up like he was asking for something. Sykkuno saw someone walk over and bend down. The man let Bimbus sniff him before rubbing the puppy's stomach. He recognized the man as one of his roommates. "He's cute," he said. Sykkuno giggled, "That's Bimbus."

The man nods while continuing to pet Bimbus. While doing so, Sykkuno distracted himself by reorganizing his notes. Bimbus was up and walking about now, with the man and few others lounging at his cuteness. Unfortunately, the time with Bimbus finished when everyone had arrived, ready to start the day.

Sykkuno looked for signs of The Chief, yet it was still only Asher. "Should I check up on The Chief?" He conceives.

Asher walks up in the middle of the lobby.

"You all were given multiple tests on the production of medication. Throughout the time you're here, expect to gain knowledge of how to administer it properly."

"Everyone is distributed tasks to complete by the end of the week. If you have a time in which the assignments are inconvenient, please inform The Chief."

Asher leaves after gesturing to sheets of paper sitting on a desk. The man petting Bimbus walked up first and searched for his. Sykkuno followed afterwards.

The boy picked it up and skimmed through it.

The medical wing had an immense amount of orders for skincare. So firstly, Sykkuno has to prune and harvest mainly Witch Hazel and Neem, perhaps some other herbs as well. Afterwards, he'll have to deliver them to the warehouse. Seems easy enough.

So he set off towards the greenhouse.

He liked the sensation of being within the greenhouse. You could say it made him feel professional. If only the people of Ambrose could see how far he'd come. Sykkuno planned to visit Ambrose eventually. But he was wondering, why weren't they looking for him?

In truth, he didn't care. He was glad for the fact they hadn't come to look for him since it kept him from ever getting found. But was he not worth looking for? It was true that his family preferred Emma over him since she was royal blood, but they attended him enough to keep him healthy. But he couldn't mistake what they did for him as love. They were still evil to him and others around them. They're disdainful and cruel. It's what royals have in common,