- Chapter 16 -

After his encounter with Hafu, Sykkuno was quick to leave the town of Leeside, walking onto the path to Offpire. He didn't have much planned for when he returned, probably find Toast and tell him he had completed the deed. Not to mention, he would have to find some more presentable clothes for tomorrow's tour of the castle. Perhaps he'll buy a new cloak?

One thing he did have planned was visiting the flower field with Corpse. He didn't know why he was excited. He'd been on plenty of trips to places with other friends before, but why did it feel different this time?

Sykkuno scratched his scalp and continued forward, back towards the large city.

◈◈◈

Upon returning to Offpire, Sykkuno heads to Rae's house to pick up Bimbus. It was about time he took the little fluff ball in.

Unsurprisingly, it was quite busy today. The streets were buzzing with energy from the large crowds. It did drain some energy from Sykkuno from all the sifting through the bodies of people, letting out meek apologies.

He reaches Rae's home by the now-familiar entrance to the forest. Sykkuno walks up to the door and uses the knocker.

"Hey!" Rae greets, smiling. "Good afternoon," Sykkuno responds. "I'm here to pick up Bimbus."

"Oh, right!" she yelps. "I almost forgot," she runs back inside to retrieve Bimbus. Sykkuno can hear quite a lot of rattling. He assumed Bimbus was causing a ruckus inside. After a few minutes or so of waiting awkwardly outside, Rae returns with Bimbus in her arms.

"Sorry about that." she chuckles. Sykkuno shakes his head, "No worries,"

"So here, take this bag. It's full of food and treats for the little guy."

Sykkuno takes the bag out of Rae's hands. It was indeed filled almost to the brim with food and treats.

They exchange items, Rae giving Sykkuno everything she had used for Bimbus. "This is kinda hard to carry." Thought Sykkuno.

"That should be everything."

"Thanks, Rae."

"No, thank you. I can't look after myself properly, let alone a dog."

Sykkuno giggles, covering his laugh with his hand as per usual.

With everything involving Bimbus at the moment all set and stone, Sykkuno began to walk back to the cottage.

"Glad I won't feel lonely anymore," he mutters to himself, smiling at the small dog.

◈◈◈

After some struggle to get the door open with his hands full, Sykkuno walked through the wooden frame into the cottage. To his surprise, Corpse was there, waiting for him.

"What are you doing here so early?" Sykkuno asked. "Hm? Oh, I had free time," Corpse responds. "so I came over a bit earlier than usual. Is that fine?"

Sykkuno nodded.

Bimbus was already sniffing Corpse's feet. "A dog?" he says.

"Yeah, I found him in a bush. His name is Bimbus." Sykkuno responds, putting down everything on the dining table.

"Huh, cute." Corpse gently picks Bimbus up and places him on his lap. He pets him while Bimbus rests his head against Corpse's leg. "He must have been tired from causing that ruckus at Rae's place..." Sykkuno recalls. "So, ready to go?" Corpse asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The flower field, of course, Bimbus can come with us."

◈◈◈

With Bimbus following their trail, Corpse and Sykkuno walked together towards a path that leads astray from the town. Corpse also being a little more alert than usual. "Can't let anyone see us." he thinks. He looks over at Sykkuno. The boy was being oddly quiet and was looking straight ahead.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Sykkuno quickly faced Corpse at the sound of his voice, "Yeah, I'm fine..." The brunet said nervously before looking off straight forward once again.

They continue their silent walk to the flower field. But just why was Sykkuno so nervous?

Why was Corpse so nervous?

Corpse sighs lightly, running his fingers through his hair before dropping it to his side, just to intertwine hands with Sykkuno's. He may have been seeing things, but he could have sworn he saw Sykkuno smile out of the corner of his eye.

When they finally reach the field, Sykkuno runs off and kneels down beside a group of lavender flowers, taking in the aromatic smell. Corpse catches up and sits down beside him. "My my, just now you seemed pensive. Why did this energy come from?" he asks. "I don't know. It just did," Sykkuno responds.

Sykkuno took his notebook out from his bag and flipped through the pages. "Ah! Here we are,"

He holds the book out and displays the contents inside to Corpse. "I took some notes on lavender back in Ambrose," he begins. "It can be used to reduce inflammation and aid your respiratory system!"

"Anything to help with sleep?" Corpse jokes, "Actually..." Sykkuno returns the pages into his view. "Yeah! Having a cup of lavender tea triggers those little chemical reactions in the nervous system."

"It helps the production of dopamine and also reduces cortisol, which is a stress hormone."

As Sykkuno continued to rant on about plants, Corpse listened. To be frankly honest, he wasn't paying much attention to the knowledge about the herb. Instead, he was listening to his voice and how calming it was. He gazed at his features, his eyes, his nose, his smile, how the sunlight reflected on his skin. Regardless of the sunlight, it was cold. Yet Sykkuno seemed to not be affected.

He didn't notice when Sykkuno suddenly stopped talking. The boy tilted his head in interest. "Are you okay? You're kind of staring off into space," he says. "Am I boring you...?" that part came out meekly, with Sykkuno darting his eyes away from Corpses.

"No, no. I was just..."

"How do I say this." Corpse thinks before he sighs softly and shakes his head. "I can't put it into words... I was happy, I guess, to have you here with me." Sykkuno looks back at Corpse and smiles, closing his notebook and placing it away to wrap his arms around the other male.

"I'm glad to have you too."

Corpse rests his chin on Sykkuno's head. His heart began to beat faster, and he felt a fluttering in his stomach. The prince was surprised at how fond he'd grown for this boy so quickly. 

He slightly backs away from the warm grasp and raises his hands to his face, touching his mask.

"Do I really want to do this?" He asks himself.

He looks into the eyes of the angelic boy in front of him. The boy seemed confused.

Corpse's face softens, "Yeah, I do."

With his thoughts in place, he removes his face mask, revealing his hidden smile. Sykkuno's eyes widen, but he stays silent. Corpse saw that the boy was excited, as was Corpse.

Sykkuno knew where this was going.

The two lean in until their foreheads were touching.

They look at each other one more time before closing their eyes and interlocking lips.

◈◈◈

Bimbus watching: 😊

Congrats, new chapter :D

Hope you guys liked it! Please do point out any misplaced, misspelled or grammatical errors you see!

Alright, let's converse: Do you have a favourite aesthetic? If so, which one? I love Crystalcore :D

Have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai