- Chapter 10 -

Corpse and Sykkuno had finally made it to town. It was quite lively that evening, as most people began to buy extra food and clothes for the winter. However, Sykkuno seemed to notice the taller man 'clinging to him'.

''Perhaps he doesn't like crowds?'' Sykkuno wondered.

The two go around different booths, looking at what they all have to offer. Sykkuno caught his eye on a necklace. A sparkly purple-blue stone, but they had come here for food, not for trinkets. Corpse offers to buy it for him, although Sykkuno insists that they save the money for the food.

They come across a booth with a display rack with a variety of fresh fruits. They collect a grand total of 3 apples, but Corpse lends Sykkuno some extra money for later. Sykkuno can't express his appreciation enough.

With a bag of apples in hand, the two walk towards the Pharmacy, stumbling between a few more booths.

Ring.

Corpse and Sykkuno enter the Pharmacy. However, Ludwig is nowhere to be found.

The smaller boy stands in front of the course room. He turns the door handle and opens the door, walking inside where he sees Ludwig, Yvonne, Edison and Toast? ''The innkeeper, what's he doing here?''

''Good Evening,'' Edison says. Yvonne smiles and waves as Toast naturally sits and stares.

''Whose this?'' Ludwig asks, gesturing towards the large figure behind Sykkuno. Corpse stays silent, ''Um, the friend I was talking about earlier.'' explained Sykkuno.

Ludwig narrows his eyes on Corpse as the two sit down.

"I'm Corpse,'' he said. 

''So Corpse, how do you know, about these anchors, and the rumours?'' Ludwig asked.

''Why are we even asking him? It's obvious he's apart of it.'' Toast retorted. Sykkuno glanced at Corpse, even he was beginning to suspect.

''Corpse, how exactly do you have connections with the palace?'' Edison asks.

''I thought we were going to talk about The Anchors, not about Corpse. Hopefully, he doesn't feel uncomfortable...''

''I live in the palace.''

''What?'' Sykkuno yelped.

''Do you now, and what rank do you hold?''

''I don't appreciate being interrogated like this,'' Corpse bellowed.

''Kinda sounds like something a prince would say, being all formal.'' Everyone averts their eyes to Toast. ''What?'' he asks. Yvonne chuckles, ''It doesn't matter at the moment. We came here to talk to Sykkuno.''

''Me? Did I do something...?'' Sykkuno wondered. ''No, no.''

''We were questioning since you already know about these The Anchors, why don't you join?'' said Ludwig. Sykkuno became stiff. Are they asking him to join The Anchors to rebel?

''Why should I?''

''So, you know I don't support the raids sooooo...'' Ludwig begins. ''We want you to join The Anchors to rebel. I mean the more the merrier right?''

''I don't understand, how would I help?'' Sykkuno asked. 

''Listen, the palace has invited me to work at there. I want you to come with me.''

''You want him to work in the palace?'' Corpse required. He immediately was concerned. If Sykkuno did indeed come to the castle, chances are they'd run into each other.

Corpse didn't know why he wouldn't tell Sykkuno about his rank, but he got the idea that he wouldn't want Sykkuno to look at him and think... ''Oh! There's Corpse, the prince!''

But instead, ''Oh! There's Corpse, my friend!'' But would Sykkuno really change the way he acts and talks to Corpse if he tells him?

''Basically, you'll take the test at the palace to become an Apprentice Court Herbalist and boom! We're in.'' Ludwig instructed.

''That's interesting but uhh, what if I don't get in?''

''Oh, you will,'' Yvonne says. ''You have the mindset and the skills to do it.''

''Once you get accepted, I'll hopefully be able to gain more information with your help. You'll be like an alibi for me.''

''And what information would you be gathering?'' Corpse asks. 

''We're gonna pick up blackmail, with evidence as well, of course.''

''We're planning to use blackmail as a possible method against the royal family to force them to stop the raids.'' Toast remarked.

Sykkuno raised an eyebrow. He didn't believe just simple blackmail would work, but if they say it will, then he'll go along too.

''In a month, you'll take the test. It'll be similar to the one you had taken here, also side note if you can find any others to help us out...'' Ludwig says.

''Sure. I got it,'' Sykkuno nods.

''Now, go home and get some rest.'' Ludwig shoos them away. If Sykkuno had learned something about Ludwig, it would be the fact he would almost always lighten up the mood when it needed to be.

Sykkuno walks out of the course room while Edison gently puts his hand on Corpse's shoulder, ''You should tell him.'' he says, walking back towards Ludwig, Toast and Yvonne.

◈◈◈

Sykkuno sighs, walking out of the building with Corpse. ''I'll admit, I wasn't expecting that,'' he says. 

''Yeah, neither was I,'' Corpse responded.

''You should tell him.''

Corpse knew what Edison meant when he said that. He reflected on the thought on the walk back to the cottage. By the time they had returned, Corpse had made his decision.

Sykkuno took off his shoes and cloak and placed the bag of apples on the counter. ''How much did that necklace cost again? I have a bad memory,'' he asked. 

''I think about maybe 250 coins? If I remember correctly.''

''Wow, and I thought the price for The Inn was pricey.''

''How much is a place at The Inn?'' Corpse asked. ''20 coins, I know I know, it seems cheap, but I'm struggling, ok?'' Sykkuno jokes, Corpse stares at Sykkuno, ''What's wrong?'' Sykkuno asks. ''Just uh, can we talk?''

''Of course,'' he says, sitting down back on the sofa. ''Well, it's about me mentioning living in the castle.''

Sykkuno tilts his head, listening attentively. ''I don't know how to say this. I just don't want you to think of me any differently.''

''I won't, promise.'' The small boy smiled. Corpse couldn't help but feel reassured at the sight of Sykkuno's smile.

Corpse took a breath before he finally said it.

''I'm the prince.''

◈◈◈

MERRY CHRISTMAS DOOOOOBLE UPDATE!!🎄🎇✨

OR WHATEVER U MAY CELEBRATE!!!!!

EVEN IF U DON'T CELEBRATE ANYTHING HOPE Y'ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME

-FAI