Tiny Extra

It's around 580 words, so just a short thingy :)

Sykkuno watched the rain pour down through the window. Corpse had his head laid upon his lap as he fell asleep listening to the water drop against the glass.

Bimbus was standing before the door, looking back and forth between it and Sykkuno.

"Bimbus, we can go outside later," Sykkuno answered.

The herbalist ran his hands through his lover's hair as the night began to fall. He looked at the piano placed beside him and the music sheets scattered across the area.

Sykkuno wanted Corpse to pick them up. But as a former prince, he isn't used to doing mundane tasks himself.

Slowly, he moved Corpse's head away from his lap and placed it on a pillow. Sykkuno got up and went to the kitchen to grab a snack. He was no longer just feeding on a few berries and carrots anymore.

But as he did so, he felt something wrap around his waist. He flinched and pushed Corpse away. "Please, stop doing that," he demands.

"Why?" Corpse asks, tilting his head. "It just scares me... that's all." he flushes.

Sykkuno sighs and stands up, "It's raining hard. Maybe we should stay inside the rest of the day."

"It's only some water. I can dry our clothes afterward." Corpse said.

"What about Bimbus?"

"He can come too."

Sykkuno walked towards the door and put his boots on. "Let's be quick then."

The couple rushed out, stepping into the mud and gravel. Corpse and Sykkuno ran along the path until they reached the town, where they were both out of breath. At that point, Corpse bent down and gestured for Sykkuno to get on his back, which he gladly agreed to.

Corpse jogged down the street, other respectful nods to the townsfolk who greeted him. As the pair passed by the detective office, they noticed Toast through the window. "What's he doing?" Sykkuno mumbled. Toast was talking to two others, explaining something. "He's probably working on his next big case." Corpse grumbles. "Do you still not like him?" Sykkuno asked.

"No, I like him." Corpse said as he began to walk again. "He's just snobby."

Sykkuno giggled, which turned into a fledged laugh once Corpse began sprinting again. They didn't bring an umbrella, which was a strange move, but they've done this before. It isn't so bad.

They stray away from the plaza onto the familiar dirt road. Corpse slowed down into a walk as they peacefully let the rain come upon their skin. Bimbus had his furry paws covered in mud.

Soon enough, the sight of a flower field came into view. Sykkuno hopped off of Corpse's back and ran into the meadow. Corpse felt surreal as he watched. Once Corpse walked over, he took Sykkuno's hand. "I thought you didn't want to deal with the rain?" he smirked.

"I take it back. I don't want to end our streak." Sykkuno chuckles.

"Well then." Corpse presses a kiss against the back of Sykkuno's hand, which never fails to make his face feel warm. "Shall we dance?"

◈◈◈

They imagined the music softly playing as they swayed in each other's arms, softly giggling. The couple didn't stop their feet, even when they planted kisses on the other.

The thunder above was applauding them by covering the sky with black clouds and letting the lightning ring.

Corpse took Sykkuno's hand and placed them on his chest so he could feel his racing heart. He hummed a light tune while the storm raged.

Even during the wildest of times, somehow, they'll always stay together.

◈◈◈

Goodbye :D

have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai