- Chapter 31 -

"Asher!?" Sykkuno yelped.

"Thomas."

"Asher, what are you doing here?"

"I came out here to let you know dinner is ready. I didn't expect..."

Corpse flushed, hiding his face while putting back on his mask. "Listen, kid," he said sternly. "You can't tell anyone, got it?"

"I won't; this has nothing to do with me."

Asher stared down at the couple while Sykkuno's face was burning red. "Thomas, are you finished?"

"Uh, no. Not yet."

"Finish up whatever you're doing, then come for dinner." Asher turned to Corpse. "Your Majesty, I suggest you leave Thomas to his work without distracting him."

"Of course," Corpse chided.

Asher spins on his heel and runs back inside.

"Brat." Cadáver mumbles.

"Hey! He's a nice kid, I promise." Thomas scolded.

Cadáver huffs and stands up straight, stretching, and he looks out through the glass of the greenhouse. By now, the thunder and lightning became more turbulent. "It's going to get colder out." Cadáver hints.

"Yeah, I'll finish up soon."

Cadáver looks down at Thomas and back up at the sky. "I like thunderstorms."

At the statement, Thomas turns his head to look at the sky as well. "Why?"

Cadáver shakes his head, "I'm not sure. It just reminds me that I'm real and that you're real."

"How so?"

"I don't know."

Thomas hums while contiuning to look at the sky with Cadáver. "What about you?" Cadáver asked. "What's your favourite type of weather?"

"Sunshowers, without a doubt."

"The weather where it's just sunny and raining at the same time?"

Thomas nods. "It's pretty."

They stay silent while watching the clouds move and trees sway.

"I should probably leave," Cadáver admits.

"Mm, alright then," Thomas says, disappointed.

The herbalist turns his head back down to the dirt and returns to replanting herbs.

Before leaving, Cadáver bends down to lay a kiss upon Thomas's forehead. "See you tomorrow." and he walks calmly back outside, his face peaceful when listening to the thunder roar.

Thomas blushes and quickly finishes planting. Then, he runs towards the large wooden door into the medical wing.

He steps inside, his clothes dripping wet onto the rug below him. Other herbalists stop for a few seconds to glance at him, and Sykkuno sighs.

"Thomas."

"Oh, Asher."

"Go dry off and change into some extra clothes. I'll bring you dinner," Asher says before walking off.

"Thanks!" Sykkuno calls out. He walks to his dorm, trying his best not to get the floor wet. When he reaches his room, he pulls some comfy clothing from his bag and enters a private room to change. Sykkuno sneezes while struggling to put on his attire.

Afterwards, he wrings out his uniform and lets them dry on the counter. "I'll hang them up tomorrow," he notes.

He steps out and sees Asher sitting down at the table, eating his portion of food. "It's just soup and bread for today," he says.