17. Injuries, But We Made Up

Rose surfaced from the tunnel to find 4 extremely worried boys waiting.

'What are you doing here?' all of them asked at the same time.

'I- er,' began Rose, thinking of a lie.

'How come you aren't hurt?' demanded James.

'Is that a bad thing?' asked Rose, eyebrows raised. James flushed.

'What he meant is, you were with a werewolf, how come he didn't attack you?' said Sirius.

Before she could say anything, a large, grey wolf jumped from on behind her, but then 3 voices shouted at the same time,

'PROTEGO!' and wolf was thrown back by the multiplied force of the protection spell.

They looked around for the source of the spell, and saw Lily, Roxanne and Sylvia standing there with their wands out, slightly panting.

'Thanks,' muttered Sirius.

'We save his life, and thank you is what we get,' said Roxanne annoyed.

'I mean it,' he said.

'I mean it...he says,' said Sylvia, glaring.

'I'm sorry,' he sighed.

'I'm sorry...he says,' shot Lily.

'OI STOP REPAETING EVERYTHING I SAY!' he finally exclaimed.

Rose couldn't help but giggle and her voice caused all of the to turn to her. She opened her mouth to say something, but collapsed on the grass, the wolf on her, glaring at the others.

'ROSE!' exclaimed Robert, and raised his wand, but before he could say anything, Roxanne stepped in front of him.

'Don't hurt him!' she said.

'I know,' said Robert gruffly but before he could think of a spell which would not hurt Remus, the wolf turned on him instead.

'Repulso!' yelled Lily, and the wolf was repelled back, but it was little late and his claws lashed out and scratched Robert across the chest, immediately causing red stains to appear on his shirt. He crumbled to grass.

'No...' said Sirius, his voice hoarse s the wolf turned on Roxanne. His voice turned its attention to him and he tried to get out of the way, but the wolf was too quick and lashed its claws out once again, scratching his leg. Sirius let out a yelp of pain.

Lily was desperately trying to wake Rose up who had hit her head when she fell and fainted. James was with Robert, who was bleeding quite heavily. It was nearly morning now and the sun had almost risen.

The wolf quietly went towards James, who had his back turned to it and before he could even gasp, the wolf gave him a huge scar on his cheek.

Lily was now sobbing, when she saw James hurt and Rose wasn't waking up either, Lily almost thought she was...

The wolf finally turned to Sylvia, angry and not in his right mind. It jumped, its jaws open, and Sylvia closed her eyes, waiting for the attack...

But it never came. Sylvia opened her eyes and saw Remus, in his human form, lying on the grass. The sun had risen, and the night was officially over Roxanne ran to him and started shaking him, trying to bring him about. He looked like a mess, his clothes torn and covered in blood, his eyes dark and his skin a ghostly white. Roxanne had tears rolling steadily down her cheeks and Roxanne never cried.

Sirius limped over to Roxanne and tried to comfort her. James was suddenly nowhere to be seen. Sylvia, unable to take it any longer, fainted.

In the distance, Sirius spotted Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey come towards them.