20. 2nd Year Ends

'COME ON YOU LITTLE- 'Sirius yelled, swearing as James hit him hard with a pillow. The boys were in Remus's room, having a type of sleepover, though James and Sirius were the only ones fighting.

'guys, stop it already, you both are so loud!' remarked Robert, lying on the sofa, playing exploding snap with Remus.

Then, Hope came into the room, and all the boys quickly sat up straight. She had bought them hot cocoa.

'Cheers, Mrs. Lupin,' said Robert.

'No problem, dear,' she said handing Sirius his chocolate in a plastic mug,' did you boys enjoy at the cinema?'

'Yup, Star Wars is my favorite movie now!' said James, mimicking to fight with a light saber. Hope chuckled, then turned to Remus with a glare.

'What did you say to Rose?' she snapped,' she's been crying nonstop since she came back saying something about you two fighting!'

The boys suddenly felt very awkward.

'Crying?' asked Remus, guiltily.

'yes, and she won't stop. She's tiring herself out, my sweetheart! What happened?' Hope asked sternly.

'She went through my phone, so I'm not talking to her,' said Remus shortly.

'Oh...' said Hope,' well, it wasn't right of her, I'll talk to her, but please make up. Your sister is really sorry; you know...'

Remus sighed.

'Fine...' he muttered, looking at the floor.

'Good boy,' said Hope and kissed him on the forehead, but Remus moved away, embarrassed.

Hope tutted, amused and went out.

'Awww ickle Remmie doesn't like to be kissed by his mommmy does heeee?' said Sirius.

'You do know she gave you a plastic cup, and we all got glass mugs?' Remus shot back, red. Sirius flushed.

'well, I won't have to worry about breaking it now,' said Sirius shamelessly. Remus shook his head, as James and Robert laughed.

The door opened that very moment, and Rose came in, wearing the same dress she was wearing earlier, but with tear marks on her face and red eyes.

'Mama asked me to bring your mugs if you've finished,' she said throatily, not looking at anyone of them.

'yeah, here you go,' said Robert, giving her his cup. Sirius was done too. She turned to Remus.

'Umm, no, I'll bring it when I'm done,' he said.

'Okay,' she said, shrugging, and made to go, but was stopped by James.

'Wait, Remus has something to tell you, Rosie Posie,' he said cheekily. Remus glared at him. Rose turned to him, expectantly.

'i... uh...umm...it's ok,' said Remus.

'oh,' said Rose, nodding, and went out without another word. Remus groaned, gave James another glare and went out after her. James snickered, pleases with himself.

Rose was going to her room when Remus called out her name. she turned and Remus saw she was wiping her eyes.

'What?' she asked shakily.

'it really is ok,' said Remus sincerely. Rose looked at him hopefully, and then she smiled.

'Sure?' she asked.

'yeah,' said Remus. Rose hugged him.

'Never thought I'd say this but, love ya bro,' she said.

Remus chuckled and said,

'Back at ya, sis,'

A few months had passed, and it was once again, the end of the year. The time had really flown this year, and the Marauders and Marauderettes were closer than ever. But more and more depressing headlines were published in the newspapers daily, about muggle-borns disappearing, attacks on shops, but no one knew it was just the mere beginning.

Rose had almost forgotten the secret she and Roxanne were keeping from the others. The guilt only got worse every day. But there was nothing she could do about it. Rose had never felt this happy before. Before she came to Hogwarts, Roxanne and Remus always had friends, but she didn't. She was always alone, insecure, shy. But now, she had amazing friends and she didn't want to it risk it.

'Well, another year gone,' commented Lily, as all of them sat in the train compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

'Exactly,' said James, looking at her,' and you still haven't said yes to me,'

Lily flushed as the others laughed. James not so little secret crush on Lily wasn't so secret anymore as he already asked her out 16 times.

Poor Lily got relentlessly teased by Rose, whom she had to explain all 16 times why she said no. It was because she didn't fancy James, and thought he was immature, and didn't want a distraction in her studies. Rose wasn't convinced by this, though.

'Next year we'll be 3rd years,' said Roxanne excitedly.

'Sounds so old,' remarked Remus.

'you don't seem very excited, Robert,' said Rose, whom she had been watching from the corner of her eye.

Robert jumped, as he was in deep thought.

'it's just that You- Know- Who seems to be getting stronger. It's a little scary,' he admitted.

'it is,' agreed Sylvia.

'But we'll be together,' chimed in Sirius.

'Yeah, we'll fight him together,' assured Rose.

'With light sabers,' said James.

'No way, fishing rods are way cooler,' Sirius argued. Robert laughed, and so did everyone else, relaxed, because they knew they had each other's back.

Forever.