22. Rose is All Right

'And that is the lake. Be careful, though, there is a giant squid in there,' said James pointing to the mass of glittery blue water.

'A giant squid?!' asked Rose, looking scared. Just then a group of Slytherin students passed by them. Rose noticed them giving her mean looks, and they were openly sniggering. Rose looked confused as Robert and Remus gave them threatening glares and James and Sirius had their wand out.

'What was that about?' she asked Lily. Lily shuffled embarrassedly.

'Never you mind,' said Sylvia shortly, grabbing her arm, and leading her away,' Let's show you your favorite place; the library.'

Rose froze.

A few hours ago:

'She'll never get her memory back?' asked Hope, devastated.

'I am not sure, dear,' said Madam Pomfrey seriously,' maybe if she can remember what she was thinking of when she was hit by the curse, there are chances it could come back, at least partially... Until then, we can do anything. Except take her around places she's familiar with, let her stay with people she usually adores.'

'That's easy,' said Lyall,' Hogwarts and the Marauders.'

'Ouch, my head!' she gasped, clutching her head, as she faintly remembered something. Dusty books, someone near her, she could smell parchment and peppermint, and then a musty corridor, a shout and a jet of light.

'What happened?' demanded Roxanne,' is your memory coming back?'

'A little,' she groaned.

'You should rest now, we've been roaming for hours,' said Lily, concerned. Rose couldn't agree more.

Rose was in the library. Robert, determined to revive her memory, had dragged her there, after they all had enjoyed a couple of rounds of Truth and Dare. It was nice to have the old Rose back, although she didn't really remember any of them.

Rose, found out that she felt quite at home there. She and Robert sat in a table in the corner, Robert showing her most favorite books, so that she might get familiar. So far, it wasn't working.

'Anne of Green Gables is left...no you hate that one... maybe...argh!' said Robert, banging his head on the table. Rose looked up from the book she was clutching in her hand.

She sighed.

'Robert, it's fine, I'll get my memory back!' she tried to assure him. He looked up and smiled at her.

'Nice to hear you say something positive at last,' he said.

'What do you mean?' she said, curious.

'nevermind,' he said quickly.

Rose frowned.

'You all are hiding something from me! Tell me, now! Please,' she demanded.

'You're still bossy,' Robert said grinning, but he reluctantly told her all about her addiction and crystal- blood secret. He accidently let something slip though.

'How could I be so terrible and- wait did you say we were a thing for a while?' she asked, her eyes wide. Robert flushed, and said, rather miserably,

'Yeah...'

'Why'd we stop?' she asked.

'I let you down,' he said, not looking at her.

'oh,' she said, realizing what he meant, but then she gave a small smile and said,' well, when I get my memory back, I'll really give you a second chance. I was spelled by my maniac father and I still like you. You're obviously special.'

Robert chuckled dryly, though it was obvious he didn't believe her.

'Rose, I never regretted anything more than hurting you. I swear if I could change the past I would. But you deserve someone better now,' he said softly. He stared at his shoes. Rose looked at him, and then, in the moment, she decided without thinking and leant over to kiss him-

And she screamed as her head burst with pain, thousands of memories flooding in, everything, from her years as a toddler to her kiss in the library, which was ironically, the last thing she thought of before she got cursed.

'Rose?!' asked, Robert panicked. She was panting, and she remembered herself losing her memory for the few hours.

'Robert I remember!' she exclaimed,' everything! The tours you guys gave me, how I got cursed, and out little talk and- 'she paused, remembering their 'little talk'.

'Well, I meant it,' was all Robert could say. Rose smiled and did what she was going to do before.

'This time we stay together ok?' she whispered, as his hand closed hers.

'I promise,' he whispered back.

'I could never forget you guys,' said Rose, as the Marauders and Marauderettes sat in the common room,' you mean the world to me,'

They smiled warmly at her, and Remus gave her a squeeze. Robert, who was sitting on the ground, leaning against her legs, said,

'So do you, Rosa.'

'Yuck, you guys,' said Roxanne, wrinkling her nose.

'What? Jealous you sis started dating before you?' said Sylvia teasingly. Sirius laughed nervously as Roxanne gave him an oddly furtive look.

'Anyways, I owe you guys an apology,' she said, looking around,' for my behavior'

'Rose- please, no sappy talks,' groaned James. She glared at him, but then laughed and said,

'All right.'

Everything was finally alright.