9. The Wolf is Out Of The Bag

The whole room was covered in soot and the tables and chairs were glowing orange. Roxanne opened her eyes and screamed. Suddenly the door opened and Professor McGonagall entered and she too screamed, whiter than a sheet of paper. For the room was on fire, and Rose was lying crumpled on the floor, apparently unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxanne felt light headed with the smoke. She couldn't think straight; her mind was in a haze. She didn't understand why was Rose lying on the floor, why more and more teachers were coming in the room, waving their wands, or why she couldn't feel her legs anymore and fainted. The outburst had taken up all her energy.

Rose woke up after a long time in the hospital wing. Her head felt sore. She opened her eyes and to her right she saw Roxanne, also asleep and on the bed to her left was Remus, covered in scratches and bandages. She groaned softly and fell asleep again.

After sometime she was awoken again by someone crying hysterically. She recognized it as Roxanne's voice and suddenly sat up as a bolt.

'It-s al-ll my- faul- fault- I am- so – sorr- sorry,' Roxanne cried through her tears. With a shock, Rose saw that it was her mother sitting with her arm around Roxanne.

Hope spotted Rose and quickly got up and hugged her. Rose remembered what happened. She began to softly cry too.

'I am sorry,' said Rose weakly, before collapsing again.

After a while, Rose was awoken yet again, this time by painful howls from her left side. She recognized Remus' voice and sat up. Madam Pomfrey was treating his scars with antiseptic. Rose felt a lot better now. She asked,

'how long have I been here?'

Madam Pomfrey had her back to Rose and didn't know she was awake. She jumped and turned.

'oh good, you're awake,' she said,' you've been asleep for almost 10 hours now.'

'10 hours?' cried Rose and hastily shushed by Madam Pomfrey who pointed to the sleeping Roxanne.

'yeah,' said Remus feebly, smiling,' I transformed and then back again and you were still sleeping.'

Suddenly the door opened and Hope came in, this time with Lyall.

'hello, sweetheart,' said Lyall kissing her on the forehead.

Hope was smiling at her, but her eyes plainly told Rose that she would be getting quite a scolding. They heard fidgeting besides them and saw that Roxanne had woken up too.

'Girls, if you'd follow me,' said Hope sweetly. They both gulped, got of bed as slowly as they could and followed Hope into Madam Pomfrey's office, ignoring Remus' confused looks.

'right,' said Hope closing the door,' WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!'

Rose was crying silently. Roxanne gave her a quick squeeze.

'THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I FORBID YOU FROM TELLING ANYONE,' glared Hope,' AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, YOU DECIDED TO TRAIN HER! YOU NEVER GET ALONG AND NOW THIS?!'

'mama, I am sorry, but I couldn't keep it in any longer,' said Rose, sounding angry now,' you don't know what it's like!'

Hope who was about to say something, stopped dead, her expression softened. She turned to Roxanne.

'I have told you a hundred times not to be impatient,' said Hope regretfully,' what if something happened to you both?' pulling them into a hug.

'and I'm sorry sweetie,' she said to Rose,' I shouldn't have asked you to keep such a big thing from your sister.'