12. Quidditch

They all went down to the Feast where they watched Regulas being sorted into Slytherin. Sirius tried to act like he didn't care, but everyone could tell that he was upset and Sylvia was almost in tears. To cheer her up, Roxanne came up with a mischievous idea which she told the girls in the dormitory that following night.

'how about we play a prank, but on the boys this time?'

'YES,' shrieked Lily and even Rose had to admit that she couldn't wait to do it.

'So which one are we going to do?' asked Sylvia, plopping down in her bed. It was almost bedtime and all the girls were in their night suits, getting comfy.

'we'll have to think of that,' said Rose thoughtfully,' it has to be fool proof though; James would probably sniff a prank a mile away,'

They all started discussing the possible ideas and Sylvia forgot about Regulas.

In their first week at Hogwarts, the Marauders and Marauderettes also had something important to look forward to; Quidditch. The tryouts would be held the following Monday and James, Roxanne and Robert had decided to try out. James and Roxanne were pretty cool about it all and were looking forward to the tryouts. Robert, however, had a problem with his nerves. He got extremely nervous and worried. He also kept dropping things and whenever anybody spoke to him, he would give a squeak and run off. It was pretty amusing at first, but then it got serious after he failed to answer a question in class and let Rose beat him to it. This was very shocking for everyone, as they both were always in a completion. All of them tried talking to him one by one, but Rose was the only one who actually got him to say a word. All he did was gasp, sweat and yell,

'Scared,' before running off somewhere. Rose looked annoyed and made up her mind to follow him. She roamed here and there trying to find him, but no luck. She had almost given up when she heard a soft and sweet voice coming out of the Charms classroom.

'...Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved...'

Rose felt as if she had been stunned. She just stood there, trying to digest it, that someone could actually sing in such a heavenly voice. Almost desperate to see who it was she rushed in the classroom and saw no one other than Robert sitting on a chair, playing his guitar and oblivious to his surroundings. With a final stroke on the string, he finished his song and Rose said,

'wow,' causing him to jump violently.

'I- didn't realize you were there,' he said embarrassed, giving her a nervous grin.

'you have an amazing voice,' said Rose breathlessly,' just amazing.'

He smiled and said,

'sorry for running off like that. I don't really do well under pressure.'

'nah, I understand. But you didn't seem nervous at all while singing.'

'oh yeah,' he said,' it kinda helps to soothe the nerves.'

'oh I could use that,' chuckled Rose. Robert frowned.

'why would you get nervous?'

'oh not nervous,' she said,' I have a problem in keeping my temper in check. Rox is actually worse, but she can deal with it. I can't.'

'well you should try it,' he said seriously.

'I can't play the guitar,' she reminded him.

'oh, I could teach you,' he said brightening up,' come, sit,'

He told her how to sit in the proper position and hold the guitar and everything.

'it is a lot heavier than it looks,' she remarked.

'you'll get used to it,' he said cheerfully and then taught her a simple chord. She tried it and a melodious tune vibrated throughout the room.

'did you see that?' she said excitedly.

'very good,' he said beaming,' That was one of the most basic chords. Now you can play almost every song there is,'

'really?' she asked, shocked.

'no,' he said making a pretend sad face and they both laughed, all nervousness forgotten.

After a while they both went back to the common room. When Remus saw them come in together, he raised his eyebrows. Rose blushed and Robert was looking everywhere but at him.

'ok, you both, you'll never guess what,' said Sirius quite loudly, completely oblivious to the awkward situation, causing Remus to scowl at him.

Desperate to change the subject, Robert asked,

'what happened?'

Remus decided to ignore this and sat up straighter. All of them were sitting huddled together in a circle at the corner of the common room.

'well,' said James slowly;

'we finally got hang of the book!' he said triumphantly.

Rose and Robert both looked blank, and both were still red at the cheeks.

Sylvia face palmed and the others looked annoyed because they obviously expected a more enthusiastic reaction.

'what book?' Rose asked.

'really?' said Sirius,' remind how you got Outstanding in all your subjects again?'

'leave her,' said Robert defensively,' and tell me which book!'

Lily and Roxanne now also had their eyebrows raised, looking amused.

'A Complete Guide for Animagi: How to do it, Detailed Steps and Aftermath Effects,' said Sirius, still staring suspiciously at Rose who was now feeling quite hot, although the weather was very cool.

'what?!' exclaimed Robert,' how did you get it?'

'well,' smirked Sylvia,' I did actually.'

'while I stood guard for you,' added Lily.

'and I created the distraction!' chimed in James.

'not bad, guys,' said Rose appreciatively,' I can't believe you finally got it from the restricted section.'

'it was only a matter of time,' said Sirius smugly and they all chuckled.

On Monday, the Quidditch tryouts were to take place. James and Roxanne were naturals and they outflew the others very easily. Robert was extremely nervous, but he softly recited the lyrics over and over under his breath. As he began to mount his broom, he saw Rose give him an encouraging smile from the stands which just made him feel more nervous, for a reason he didn't really know. However, he needn't have worried, because he flew really well and earned the position of the Chaser. James got the Seeker and Roxanne got the Beater. They were heartily congratulated by everyone and Lily almost knocked James over when she hugged him, before retreating back in extreme embarrassment, much to Sirius and Rose's amusement.

The following night, at around 3 o' clock in the morning, Sylvia suddenly sat up straight. She went over to Roxanne's bed and shook her violently before turning the lights on.

'WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON?' yelled Rose, who was having a really nice dream.

Lily woke up groggily and said,

'I need more eggs. Or else Dumbledore won't buy me those block heels.' before slumping back to sleep.

Sylvia giggled and said,

'I know what prank to play on the boys,'

All the girls suddenly sat up as straight as lightening.

'Tell us!' demanded Roxanne.

Sylvia grinned wickedly and said,

'How about we give our beloved Marauders a makeover?'