Chapter 13

The bikes were finally done and we were heading to a place on the Rez where we could ride them.

"What if I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?" Jake asked Bella, who was driving us. I sat in the middle, ignoring every time Bells looked at Jake.

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" she asked him and he smirked.

"No. definitely not. I mean they'll run fine, especially since the grease monkey over here helped," he said nudging me and smiling at me. I blushed and nudged him back.

"It's just, uh, maybe if I was smart I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit," he said, avoiding our eyes. He wants to spend more time with Bella, I get it. I wished that didn't make me feel insecure in his feelings for me, but that did.

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do," she said with a small smile as she looked to Jake then the road. He was smirking then smiled and laughed a little.

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bells pointed to the cliff where all the guys were. I hid my pout seeing them all cliff diving, I told them I wanted to join next time they did it!

"Yeah. Him and his cult," Jake said and I pinched him. He rolled his eyes and we watched as they pushed Jared off. Embry, the recently phased boy, was with them.

"Oh my god," Bella said quickly, pulling over and getting out.

"Did you see that?" Bells asked, running across the road to get a better look. Jake and I got out and started laughing. I could hear the guys from over here.

"They're not really fighting Bella. They're cliff diving. Scary as hell, but a total rush." Jake explained, leaning against the truck. Oh don't tell her it's a rush!

'Sam!' I screamed out in my head. I saw him flinch and look over to us.

'Oh hey, Evs,' he said, and I rolled my eyes playfully. Paul yelled as he flung himself off, and I laughed.

'I told you, I wanted to join y'all when y'all were diving! Especially when it was a right for a newly phased!'

"A rush?" I heard Bella ask. I looked at her, great, now I'm gonna have to make sure she doesn't decide to try it herself.

"Most jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples." Jake said and my shoulders slumped, why can't he just ignore them until it's time?

'Yeah sorry, I forgot. He did good though. Took the news like expected but quickly adapted. We haven't told him about you yet, thought it would be best for you to tell him yourself.' he said, and I nodded.

'Thank you.' I smiled and stayed connected but paid attention to the conversation.

"You have some kind of beef with him or something?" She asked, walking back over to us, not even looking to see if a car was coming.

"I don't know. They just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him."

"That's Embry?" she asked and watched as he willingly dove off, whopping all the way.

"Yeah," Jake said, looking away. I grabbed his hand and ran my thumb over his knuckles. I know having Embry leave him and Quil was rough, more so on Quil than Jake, but I couldn't tell him how soon he'll be with that group as well and he'll have his friends, his brothers, back.

'I know it's hard to not tell him, but he'll find out soon. I've been seeing the signs,' Sam said, and I looked over to him, seeing him clearly with my enhanced eyesight.