Chapter 21

"Jake, don't hurt him too much! His angry! His wolf is in control!" I yelled out seeing Paul do the same, challenging Jake.

 Sam has his fist raised, holding the other two back. They of course were smirking and I stood, this is ridiculous! Jake then barked out, rushing at Paul. I quickly turned my pain receptors off a second before the two collided. They started rolling around each getting bites and scratches in. Jake pushed Paul off, who slid back on the ground causing massive marks in the dirt. They charged each other again with snarls, growls, and fur flying everywhere.

"Paul!" Sam tried, but it was no use. They each kept getting the upper hand and were moving towards the forest line.

"Watch the-! Boat.'' I sighed as the wooden boat was crushed by the two wolves who tumbled into the forest.

"Hey! Take Bella back to Emily's place. Eva go with," he said, looking at us, but mostly Bella. I had already stood up and was biting my nails a little. They were both going to be fine, they've fought each other so many times. Sam is going to get this under control. Plus, it might do good for Paul to have his butt beaten.

"Guess the wolves out of the bag," Embry joked, and I giggled.

"Nice word play," I said, as he jogged past me to Bella. Jared came to me, but I waved him off.

"I'm fine, a bit worried, but fine." I told him, and he nodded.

"Pain?" he asked, but I shook my head no.

"I learned how to turn my pain receptors off a while ago. I just forgot I could do it. To be honest, I learned how way before my angel side was awakened, pointe shoes hurt like a witch. I just had to learn to do my whole body, not just my feet. Right before they collided I turned them off. He might be my fated, but I'm not going to go through the pain of a pointless fight," I said, while using my earth magic to fix all the dug up dirt marks left by the two. Uncle Billy would not be happy seeing that.

"It wasn't pointless. Paul was threatening you, an imprint, Jake had to fight him to protect you, to make a point," Embry said, coming up to us. I noticed Bella wasn't by his side, and I looked to where she was still sitting, shaking. I sighed and went to her, the boys on either side of me.

"Bells?" I gently asked squatting beside her. I gently put my hand on her shoulder, and she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Come on, we're going to Emily's. We'll explain everything when we get there. They aren't going to hurt you," I softly spoke, noticing how she was looking at the two flanked behind me. She took my outreached hand and allowed me to pull her up. I drove us to Emily's, the guys in the bed of the truck, standing the whole time.

 As we pulled into the long driveway, the guys and I did a whoop, which let Emily know we are here.

"Why did you push me in front of Paul? I asked, fully stopping the truck in front of the house and turned it off looking at her for an answer.

"I just figured since you're an angel you'll be able to take him and turn out fine. Guess I was wrong," she shrugged, and I blinked at the snide remark.

"Eva could take on all of us at the same time if she wanted. But we'd never hurt her, it's against the pack laws," Jared informed her, walking into the house.

"Plus, she's our sister. We don't hurt each other. Unless provoked. But again, we go after her, it's going after Jake, the same thing reversed," Embry said, and I smiled. These guys, Emily, and people on the Rez are my family, and I love it being official. Since I chose to have Jake as my love, not just a friend or brother, and he is my fated, we basically got married. Just not the actual marriage part, and that's not going to happen until we are both at least old enough to drink legally.