Chapter 25

"No. He only calls in once every few months. He said he wants to be alone," she said. She looked at me scrunching up her nose.

"Evangeline, Bella, what is that God-awful wet dog smell?" she asked, and I was offended.

"It's me. My fated's jacket." I said, inhaling the scent a little. It does smell a little like a wet dog. But, it also smells like Jake, the forest, and cinnamon. My favorites.

"It's Jacob." Bella clarified. I turned to glare at her.

"Jacob who?" Alice asked, and I glared at her too, she doesn't deserve to say his name.

"Jacob's kind of a werewolf." Bella said, and I gasped a little.

"Bella! We're not supposed to tell anyone, especially not a vampire," I spat the word, and she rolled her eyes.

"We already know they exist, Evangeline, it's not a secret to us," Alice said, and I rolled my eyes. I knew they knew of the wolves, but we're still not supposed to say anything. She scoffed and looked at Bella.

"Bella! Werewolves are not good company to keep," she said. I felt Jake's presence, and I reached my hand up, and he grabbed it immediately.

"Speak for yourself," he said, and Alice quickly got up. I stood up too, not letting go of his hand as I moved around the seat.

"I had to see you were safe," he said looking at me, bringing his hand up to my cheek. I'm glad he's not mad at me anymore, it wasn't a great feeling. I leaned into his hand, putting mine on top of it.

"I thought you couldn't protect us here," Bella said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I was talking to my angel. And guess what, I don't care." he said, looking at her, dropping his hand and wrapping it around my waist as I put my back to his chest to see the two others in the room.

"Well, I'm not gonna hurt Bella." Alice said it like it was obvious.

"Nope. You're just a harmless Cullen. I'm talking about the other bloodsucker who tried to kill Bella and Linnie because of you,'' Jake explained, his arms tightening a bit around my waist.

"Victoria?" Alice asked, glancing at Bella.

"Yeah, Victoria's been around." she said, and I smirked.

"My pack killed Laurent after he tried to kill us," I informed her, and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't see her. I didn't see you get pulled out of the water, either. I can't see past you and your pack of mutts," she spat at Jacob and I. I made my eyes glow, anger filling me.

"Don't get us upset..." Jake said letting go and taking two steps forward.

"Hey, stop. Stop, stop, stop, both of you. Eva, calm him down." Bella said, getting up and moving in front of Alice. Jake was just talking over her.

"Or things are gonna get very ugly," he said, and I grabbed his hand and pulled back a little so he wasn't so close to Bella, who tried to touch him.

"I'll give you a minute." Alice said walking past us, glares being shared between the three of us.

"Hey. You're not going anywhere. You're gonna come back, right?" Bella stopped Alice.

"As soon as you put the dogs out," she said, smirking and walking out the door.

"This is my house too you know Bella. You can't kick me out of it," I immediately said, frustrated.

"Is he...how many other Cullen's are here and how long are they gonna stay?" Jake asked, and I looked at him.