Chapter 13

*Your outfit*

*Your outfit*

"Unfortunately, there's no telling just how many battery bombs Jeremiah produced. He was fanatically secretive about his technology and Bruce trusted him, so...." Lucius informed.

"He's gotta be bluffing" Harvey replied.

"He's not, I can tell" I said, sighing as I leaned on my hands that were pressed against Jim's desk.

The door knocked, Jim letting Harper in.

"Cap, Mayors on the phone again."

"The evacuation stays in effect. I will tell him when it's lifted" Jim replied and she nodded, closing the door again.

"You think there are more bombs?" Lucius asked.

"Up till now, Jeremiah's actions sprang from the fear and hatred of his brother" Jim said, sending me a sympathetic look. "Even his obsession with Bruce is just a reflection of Jerome's. What did he mean when he said he didn't understand the vision he was serving? That his eyes had been opened?"

"Guess we'll find out soon" I muttered, staring at the security footage of my brother in an interrogation room.

...

"Told you he wasn't bluffing" I said to Harvey as we watched Jim try and get answers from Jeremiah.

"Yeah no kidding" he said.

I continued to watch as Jim thrashed him against a wall, getting no where. I groaned and turned to Harvey.

"I'm going in" I said.

"Be careful kid" he replied and I nodded, opening the door.

"Jim, give it a rest" I said, signalling for the door.

"(Y/n)-"

"I wasn't asking" I added sternly, to which he nodded and left the room.

"Awww is little cissy going to try and get an answer from me?" He asked amused as we both sat down.

"Look you've made it clear your no longer the Jeremiah I grew up with" I said, placing my hands on the table and leaning forwards a little. "But you said you'll always care for me. So I ask you, if you mean that, how many bombs are there?"

He started laughing in his dried and dull tone, leaning forwards like me.

"Nice try (Y/n), I won't tell you" he said, smirking. "Unless you let me talk to Bruce."

"Absolutely not" I said a little to quickly, making him laugh.

"Ohhh you two are together aren't you? How adorable, trying to protect your little boyfriend" he smirked and I smirked.

"Your just jealous I'm closer to him then you" I said, a hint of anger flashing in his pale eyes.

"I want to speak to Bruce Wayne" he said, sitting back in his seat. "Then I'll tell you."