Chapter 12

We exited the warehouse and I sighed, knowing I have a job to do.

"I'm sorry guys but I have to get back to the precinct and stop Jeremiah" I said, turning to Bruce and Alfred.

"That's understandable, you have a job to do" Alfred smiled.

"Bruce, would you be able to give me a ride?" I asked.

"Of course, let's go" he smiled, the three of us getting in his car.

I sat in the back and let Alfred sit in the passenger seat because ya know he almost died, I can let him have shotgun.

The ride was fairly quiet and all I could think about was stopping my brother, and knowing if Jim was okay. Hindi hope he is, I can't lose more family.

"We're here" Bruce said, pulling up outside the GCPD.

"Thank you Bruce" I smiled, leaning forward and kissing his cheek. "Thanks Alfred."

"See you later (Y/n)" the butler smiled as I got out of the car, walking into the precinct to see everyone clapping at Harvey.

"What the bell did I miss?" I asked amused making everyone stop and look at me.

"(Y/n)! Oh my god your okay" Harvey yelled, running over and hugging me tight.

"Relative term but yeah" I shrugged. "So what's everyone clapping at you for?"

"I defused the bombs" he said proudly and my eyes widened.

"Seriously? Great job old man" I smirked, hugging him again.

"(Y/n)" I turned around to see Bruce entering the GCPD.

"Bruce?" I asked confused.

"You left this" he said, giving me my phone.

"Oh shit thank you" I smiled. "What would I do without you?"

"Die?" He asked amused.

"Ha please, don't give yourself that much credit" I replied.

"Well... I should, uh... get going. Alfred's waiting" he said awkwardly and I nodded.

"I'll see you later Bruce" I smiled.

He returned the gesture and leaned in, capturing my lips in a soft kiss, surprising me.

We eventually pulled apart and he smiled, looking into my eyes.

"I'll see you later" he replied and I smiled, biting my lip a little while watching quietly as he left the GCPD.

"When did that happen?!" Harvey asked utterly shocked.

I turned around to see everyone looking at me, my cheeks darkening as I felt extremely embarrassed.

"U-uh, like twenty minutes ago" I answered sheepishly.

"You guys are good together" Lucius said and Harvey nodded in agreement.

"Glad your happy kid" he added and I smiled at the pair.

"Well I guess my little girl isn't so little after all"

I felt my heart stop, tears pricking my eyes as I turned to the source of the voice. Jim.

"Jim" I breathed, rushing over and hugging him tight, tears spilling out of my eyes. "Oh my good I thought you were dead."

"Shhh I'm okay (Y/n), I'm okay" he whispered into my hair, patting it as I hugged the life out of him.

...

*Your outfit*

*Your outfit*

After going home to change and shower I came back, knowing my work wasn't done until my brother was caught.

I walked through the doors, seeing a bunch of officers standing by a cell.

"(Y/n)" I turned my head to see Bruce and Alfred with Jim.

"Bruce, Alfred, Jim, who's in the cell?" I asked, not being able to see.

"...Jeremiah" Bruce said, my eyes widening. "But wait-"

I then turned on my heels, making a b line for my brother and his cell.

"Excuse me" I said to the officers, moving them out of the way.

"Give us a minute" I said to them but they didn't move so I changed my tone to a more stern one. "I wasn't asking."

They all cleared off and I turned back to Jeremiah.

"Brother" I greeted, folding my arms over my chest.

"Ahh hello sister, I wondered when I'd be seeing you here" he smirked. "How are you?"

"Jeremiah... what happened to you?" I asked.

"I'm free (Y/n)" he replied vaguely. "I can do it for you as well."

"Absolutely not" I said.

"Think about it, we could rule side by side, we would be unstoppable" he smirked.

"I need to know, is there any part of the Jeremiah I know and love inside, or is he gone?" I asked tearfully.

"That brother died along with our other one" he smirked my breathing getting heavier as the tears started falling. "But I will always care for you sis, not the same as before."

"I... see" I replied not knowing what to say.

I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but insanity. I swallowed my tears, turning around and speed walking outside. I need air.

I meant against the wall, taking in the outside breeze as I tried to stop my tears from falling.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Bruce ask carefully from beside me.

"I-I'm fine" I replied.

"No your not, come here" he said, pulling me in for a hug.

That was it all my tears came out at once as I cried into Bruce's shoulder, hugging tight onto his shirt.

"Why does everyone leave me?" I asked painfully.

"Shhhh I'm so sorry love, I'm here for you" he whispered, kissing my head while playing with my head. "I won't leave you, I swear."

After a few more minutes of sobbing into his shirt I eventually stopped, pulling away and sniffling. Bruce smiled sympathetically, running his thumbs over my cheeks and staring into my eyes lovingly.

I smiled with my eyes closed, my head nudging into his hand as he chuckled. I opened my eyes and stared at him, our lips connecting into a sweet and loving kiss.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I replied.

I'm sorry this is a short chapter, I've been really busy with Uni starting soon and work, plus I've been going through some shit mentally but I'm getting there and I'll try to upload more.

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Love you all!

~ A. G