06. Together Again

Sometime in August of 1993

Harry and I had spent pretty everyday together for about the last month. He was really easy to talk to and it felt safe to open up to him so I did. I told him everything. Once he realized that we had been childhood friends of sorts he asked me about his parents and I told him what I could remember. We became close fairly quickly so when the Weasleys and Hermione showed up he introduced me to them. Of course he only introduced me as Star but it was clear that Molly and Arthur knew who I was.

"Your eyes are very pretty." Ginny smiled.

"Oh thank you." I smiled softly at her and she gasped

"Your accent!" The twins gushed and I laughed

"Yes the first adoptive mother I had was American as well as my adoptive father and a few members of the orphanage's staff" I explained and they all nodded Ginny, Fred, Ron, and Harry all seemed to be mesmerized by the sound of my voice making me let out a small chuckle.

"So Star, I was told you'd be going to Diagon alley with us Weasleys?" Molly asked and I nodded happily as we all walked towards the fireplace.

"Your going to love it." Harry whispered in my ear and I nodded.

"I hope so." I whispered back and he gave me a reassuring smile.

🐾🐺🐾

After going to the wizarding bank that I'd already forgotten the name of, I was still in shock at how wealthy I was when Molly and I rejoined the group.

"What was it that you needed dear?" Molly asked me

"I believe it was just the wand and my school robes but I was hopeful to get some new clothes and I school trunk as well, this is if it's not to much trouble?" I asked and she nodded happily

"No trouble at all dear, we'll go in groups." She said before turning to everyone.

Pretty soon I was walking towards the wand shop with Hermione and Ginny.

"So we'll get you your wand then your robes and your trunk then whatever's left we'll spend on clothes?" Ginny suggested and we all nodded happily.

🐾🐺🐾

"My my, it can't be. Miss Star?" A man with white hair asked coming from the back of the shop. I nodded sheepishly

"That'd be me sir, here to get my wand for school." I smiled and he nodded

"Very well.....try....this?" He said handing me a wand. I nervously looked to Ginny and Hermione would both gave me a nod of encouragement but with a flick of my wrist boxes and papers flew everywhere.

"Oh god, I am so sorry!" I squeaked completely embarrassed but he shook his head handing me a new wand. This went on a few more times before he handed me another wand

With a small wave fewer boxes fell but on in particular happened to fall on the counter directly in front of me.

"Ahh yes, this must be the one." He smiled opening the box and handing me a beautiful wand it was grey but it had a rose gold looking vine wrapped around it

" He smiled opening the box and handing me a beautiful wand it was grey but it had a rose gold looking vine wrapped around it

I held the wand in my hand and everything seemed to glow

"Magnificent! Phoenix feather core made of Elm wood and vine. 11.5 inches." He smiled as I studied the wand in my hand, it felt light against my fingertips, it felt right.

"With many magical properties this wand was made for a very powerful witch or wizard and it has chosen you." He continued to explain before I purchased the wand with a grateful smile.

🐾🐺🐾

After purchasing my necessities we went to the clothing store. I still had a great amount of money left but I didn't want to spend it all. After getting a few new pairs of jeans, some shoes, a few uniform skirts, t-shirts, hoodies, and other things I still had more than enough to last me through anything I'd need money for. I noticed Ginny staring fondly at a beautiful red dress and I walked over to her.

"You should try it in." I whispered and she shook her head

"I could never afford that." She laughed.

"No harm in trying it on." I shrugged and she nodded in agreement picking the one that was in her size

"You plan to buy it for her don't you?" Hermione asked walking to stand next to me.

"You saw the way she looked at it. I can't not buy it." I shrugged

🐾🐺🐾

"I can't believe you bought my this dress! It cost almost 100 galleons, how am I meant to pay you back?" Ginny whined

"It was only 75 galleons and I don't want you to pay me back. Think of it as a gift for being nice, just as this....." I said pulling a blue jacket

"Is for Hermione." I smiled

"Oh Merlin." Hermione gasped as we met up with the other Weasleys and Harry

"I see your getting along with everyone just fine." Harry whispered and I nodded.

🐾🐺🐾

Per Molly's request we all went back to the burrow for the night. I very quickly managed to get along with all the Weasleys as if I'd been there since day one. Surprisingly none of the Weasley children nor Hermione seemed to want to know about my family probably assuming I didn't want to talk about it. A part of me was thankful because I wasn't sure what I'd say but another part of me had so many unanswered questions. Questions I'd hoped would be answered at Hogwarts.