03. New families

The morning of November 8th, 1981

Star sat on the steps of the orphanage as a teenage boy opened the front door.

"Miss Daisy there's a baby on the steps!" He yelled picking the child up

"What was that Finn?" An elderly woman asked as the boy brought Star inside.

"Oh you poor thing, you much be freezing, didn't it rain last night?" Miss Daisy asked the boy and he nodded holding the shivering child to his chest

"I'm not sure how long she'd been out there, we should get her some warm clothes."

🐾🐺🐾

After getting Star into some warm clothes and checking her for any injuries, miss Daisy sat her down in one of the many baby chairs around the dining room.

"Now dear I'm sure your hungry, seeing as all you were left with was your bag and a note with your first name and your birthday, I don't know your allergies. So how about some mashed potatoes?" Miss Daisy asked and Star softly nodded not saying a word.

She felt safe and she knew her father's were on their way so she happily ate her mashed potatoes until Finn came to take her to her room

"Now Star, my name is Finn, I'm a volunteer at the orphanage, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying or not but we only want to help you. Is that alright?" He asked and she nodded.

🐾🐺🐾

March 28, 1985

Star had sat in the front garden like she did everyday during her free time. The now four year old still had a bit of hope that one day her father's would walk through the front gate and bring her home. She remembered them vividly which Miss Daisy said wasn't normal for most children but that's just how Star was, she remembered everything. Finn would often joke that she had an  eidetic memory. Star loved Finn he reminded her of her uncle James, if James was a super tall American with strawberry blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Star? This is Diana. How would you like her to adopt you?" Finn asked walking over to the young girl with a woman behind him.

Star looked up at Diana with a smile, she seemed nice.

"What if my dad comes back?" She asked softly looking at Finn who kneeled down to her height

"Star we talked about this love, even if they did come back-"

"I have a right to be happy with a new mommy and daddy if I want too, I remember." She smiled before looking to Diana.

"I'd love for you to adopt me miss Diana."

"Oh I'm so glad!" Diana said in a beautiful southern American accent

🐾🐺🐾

Sometime in 1988

Star had lived with Miss Diana and her two French bulldogs for about three years now and everyday was a new adventure. Miss Diana quickly accepted the fact that Star wasn't comfortable calling her mom and didn't force it on the child.

Diana was also quick to notice Star had strange abilities at times. Moving things without touching them, knowing things would happen before they happened, and once when she was to excited she'd accidentally broken a vase. Diana didn't think poorly of the child and treated her just as she would any other child. She homeschooled her and taught her everything she need or wanted to learn

Which is why the now 8 year old could fluently speak French and knew American Sign Language.

Everything was going amazing in Star's life even though she often thought of Harry, her god parents, and her father's. Miss Diana made sure she'd never forget them by telling her to paint pictures of them to hang in her room.