Chapter 2

The first few days passed in a blissful peace that you had not experienced in quite a while

The first few days passed in a blissful peace that you had not experienced in quite a while. All of the manager work seemed to come very easily to you, especially with your bit of knowledge that you had in volleyball prior.

You started to become more familiar with names as you spent more time with Kiyoko at the sidelines, but it seemed as if most of the guys were too afraid to come up to you for more than just simple "Hi"s. It didn't bother you too much, but you did wish you could feel more comfortable with the people around you even if you yourself didn't have the guts to go up to them. They just all seemed really cool and you were hurting to make those connections that they seemed to have.

The excited boys from your first day — that you learned were named Nishinoya and Tanaka— didn't even approach you. Maybe it was for the better, but you still found it kind of odd.

Being the angel she was, Kiyoko walked you home from practice everyday and it became part of your normal routine. You easily started looking forward to your nightly talks every night. She was so easy to get along with and it was so nice to talk about all of the things you witnessed at practice that night with someone.

As another practice came to an end, you turned to Kiyoko to ask if she was ready to go, but she cut you off before the words could even leave your mouth. "I have to head straight home tonight, I'm sorry I can't walk you home," she said.

"O-oh, that's alright!" you responded, startled from her knowing what you were about to say. "I'm fine walking home, it's just right down the hill really."

She smiled softly. "I'm so, so sorry," she said again.

"It's really fine, I swear!" you assured her.
Then she left before you, heading a different direction than when you walked together. You suddenly felt bad for the points you did walk together because it must have been out of her way.

"Hey, (y/n)!" you heard a familiar voice from behind you. You turned to see Daichi and Suga standing there along with the other third year that you got to know as Asahi. Daichi smiled as he continued, "We just overheard you talking to Kiyoko. Do you want to walk home with us?"

You were taken aback at their instant kindness. "Really? I mean, if it's not out of your way or anything-"

"No, no, no. It's okay," said Suga as he walked towards you. "It's the least we could do."

They all started walking and you followed quickly behind. You weren't going to turn this down because you couldn't help but feel anxious at the idea of walking in the dark alone.

As you started in the direction of your apartment, Asahi suddenly spoke up, his voice slightly stuttering, "Oh, I'm Azumane Asahi. I don't know if I ever properly introduced myself. I apologize for that." He scratched the back of his neck as he looked down at you.

You giggled. "That's okay. I caught onto your name pretty quickly, Ace," he smiled meekly at your words.

"It's really okay," you assured again, "I wasn't expecting a really proper introduction from everyone anyways."