I'll See You Again

A/N: last chapter guys... I'm sad this is ending :( Thank you guys SO much for the support, I really didn't think this was going to go anywhere! It's my first time publishing a fic so it means a lot. I will be posting an epilogue this week though to wrap everything up!! I want to make sure I capture everything I want in the epilogue so it might take longer but we'll see :)

Dream removed his eyes from the car keys that dangled from the hook on the wall. He wasn't sure why he wanted to drive, he didn't have a destination. It had been two days since he'd gotten home from London and he still felt a little lost. Things were definitely getting better, but he still felt a little empty. He and George were texting all the time, and if not then they were on the phone.

Sapnap didn't say anything about it if he noticed, which he definitely did. Sometimes he would give Dream a raised eyebrow, but that was it.

"What are you staring at?" Sapnap's voice cut Dream out of his thoughts.

Dream blinked. He'd been staring at the car keys again. "Nothing, just zoned out," he replied, turning to face Sapnap.

Sapnap sat down on the counter, a snickers in hand. "You've been doing that a lot lately."

"I've been thinking a lot lately," Dream said, leaning against the wall behind him.

Sapnap took a bite of the snickers. "So it seems," he said dramatically, then swallowed. "You having separating anxiety from Gogy?"

Dream wanted to protest, but he didn't even know. "No?" he said weakly. "I don't know. Everything just feels a little weird."

"I know what would cheer you up," Sapnap said. "I'm streaming, come join."

Dream didn't really want to stream, but he knew Sapnap was just trying to help. "Okay," Dream agreed reluctantly, but kept the reluctance out of his tone. "What are we doing?"

"I don't know," Sapnap finished off his snickers. "Probably play on the SMP or bedwars or something."

Dream nodded. They headed to their rooms. Dream sat at his computer chair blankly for a moment, staring at the screen. Patches jumped into his lap, startling him.

"Hey, Patches," Dream said, petting his cat. She made herself comfortable in Dream's lap. He smiled down at her. She was the best cat ever.

Patches was purring lightly. Dream turned on his computer. He logged into Minecraft and joined Sapnap's VC. He had already started the stream and was waiting for more people to log on. The stream lasted a couple hours, and Dream had to admit that he had fun. Sapnap and Karl had managed to successfully distract Dream from his problems.

He was still on call with them after the stream ended.

"That was rad," Karl said. "I carried our team."

"Karl, you can't bridge to save your life," Sapnap argued. "I carried our team. Well, Dream pulled his weight a little, not a lot, but still."

"Oh whatever," Dream rolled his eyes.

"I can bridge," Karl protested.

Sapnap scoffed.

Dream's phone that was tucked in his pocket started to buzz, startling Patches, who was still asleep on his lap. Dream pulled out his phone. George was calling. Without giving his two arguing friends a heads up, he muted himself and put his headset aside, answering the phone.

"Hey," Dream said, putting the phone to his ear.

"Hey," George said. He sounded sleepy.

"You sound tired," Dream said.