Softball game

3rd Person
"Ready for the game Barry?" Iris asks walking into the cortex. Then Barry comes speeding in dressed in his uniform.

"Looking good babe." Iris compliments and kisses Barrys cheek.

"Well it's an important game and I swear, if I get stuck in right field." Barry grits his teeth.

"I'm sure they won't." Iris lies. Barry is
Not the best at softball. Well he's not even good. He's got no coordination and you probably would think he's a fast runner being the Flash and all. But without his speed he's as slow as a snail.

"I'm thinking shortstop, 3rd base or 1st base." Barry plans out all he can do before they get to the field.

"I think Cisco and Caitlin are coming too." Iris turns the corner.

"Awesome, then I can show them that I've gotten better since last time." Barry says.

"Sure you will Barr. Sure you will." Iris says while they park.

"I'll met you there. Cecile told me to meet her at the concession stands." She tells Barry as he nods.

***

"So......infield?" Barry asks the coach of his CCPD team.

The man sighs. "Actually yes Barry. 3rd base. The officer who was supposed to play there couldn't come because he wife just had her baby. So Allen don't let me down."

Barrys faces turns into the widest grin.

"I won't!" Barry practically shouts in excitement.

Barrys POV
Here I go. 3rd base. Shouldn't be too hard. I've trained for this. Just drop your glove if it's in the ground. And keep it down. Then just throw to first base.

I waited anxiously for the batter to hit. Strike one. Ball 1. I feel my hands start to sweat. Foul ball. Ball 2. And finally. Hit.

The ball came at an alarming speed. It was coming at me. It was coming at me. It was coming at me. I snap away from my panic and drop my glove to the dirt. The ball fly's into it. I did it.

"Throw 1!" My teammates called.

I realized I'd been holding onto the ball for too long. I quickly tried my best to throw it at 1st. Well, the ball went way over the 1st baseman's head causing the runner to make it to third. Damn it.

"Sorry." I softly say to my teammates in the field. The looks on there faces we're looks of disappointment and frowns.

And just like that it was time for me to bat.

***

I get up to the plate and take my stance. I watch the pitcher with evil eyes trying my best to show no mercy.

The pitcher winds up her pitch and releases.

I swing but fail to hit the ball.

"Come on Barry you can do it!" Caitlin shouts.

"You got this Barry!" Cecile cheers me on.

Getting ready for the next pitch I squint my eyes at the brightness of the sun. Everything seems to go in slow motion. Not because of my speed but because of focus. Keeping my eye on the ball I see it come towards me at the top of my head.

"Don't swing." I tell myself. Ball 1.

"You can do it Barr. Bring them home!" Joe shouts. He's talking about the man who stood on 2nd and the woman who stood at 3rd. I can do this. I just have to hit it far enough for her to get home.

The ball is coming towards me. I swing and feel the ball make contact with my bat. I stood there in shock. I hit it.

"Run Barry Run!" Cisco yells.

I think I may have taken those words a little too much like I hear them when I'm the flash. Without even thinking twice I super-speed through 1st, 2nd, 3rd and then home.

"Woohoo!" I shout. Cheering on myself not realizing the silence around me.

Then it hit me. I just used my sped in front of all these people. 

An officer looks at me in disbelief.

"What the f-"

The end.