Prison Pt.2

Barrys POV
I wake up to the harsh sounds of a brawl happening right outside my cell. I should do something. The inmates are attacking two officers. Holding them down. I should do something. I hear the yelling of them calling backup. The prisoners are not holding up. I don't know how they got out but they did. Everyone else is locked away in their cells. I should do something. Getting tired of hearing the sounds of agony I making sure the camera that's pointed to my cell moves. Using my speed I get the 4 inmates back in their cages.

They share confused looks but quickly shake them off when they realize the fight it over.

***

A few days later the prison goes on lockdown. There's been a murder. I should help. I saw Joe again the other day but made sure no one else was there to see me talk to him. I told him about how I should be helping to stop the bad things that are going on. Joe just told me to stay strong. I feel useless. Being the Flash gave me purpose. But now it feels like I'm trapped. Which quite literally I am.

I play card games with the other inmates but they are always very salty about loosing.

I've eaten more pudding in prison then I had very before. It's really the only good food here.

***

Another day another tally mark.

"Inmate 3562. You have a visitor." Wow two visitors in one week.

I feel the familiar pull of my arm that's drags me in a line with other inmates. I think of who could be visiting me. It's probably Iris. Cisco and Caitlin haven't come to visit me. Neither has Ralph well if you count him sneaky stretching into my cell as a visit then I guess he has. It's humiliating really.
Having all your officer colleagues see you as a murder. Oh if only they knew the truth.

I get to the visitor station part and see a face I haven't. Cisco.

"Barry!" He practically shouts through the little phone.

"Hey man." I simply reply.

"I've missed you. Caitlin wanted to come today too but Ralph needed a little help with some criminals. It's really good to see you. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." His former smile turns to a frown.

"It's okay Cisco. I'm fine I'm here. Im glad to see you though. How's everything at Star?" I ask him.

"It's alright. Crime has actually been pretty chill. People still wonder were the flash is though. We are gonna get you out of here Barry. I promise." Cisco gives a slight smile.

I hear those words a lot when I'm in here. I promise. Joe says it. Iris says it. But when it comes to getting out of prison on a life sentence. "I promise" doesn't really mean much.

Our conversation is interrupted by a beeping on Cisco's phone. Already knowing what it is I nod at him and he seems to get the message.

"I'm so sorry Barry. I'll be back to visit soon. I promise." He says giving me sympathetic look. There he goes with the promises again. I shouldn't be mad but I'm just so frustrated with DeVoe. He's ruining everyone's lives and he's getting away with it.

The day end the exact same as all the others. Sitting on my cold bed with thin sheets. Trying to get into a comfortable potion so I can maybe get a few hours of rest. Falling asleep looking at my fathers writing on the wall.

The End