C O N C U S S I ON

C H A P T E R N I N E

- SEASON 2, EPISODE 4
; ABOMINATION -

• • •

This was bad. Safya's powers were getting weaker by the minute which caused Boyd to be in complete rage. His eyes were glowing, Cassiopeia could see them from miles away which causing Scott to intervene.

"You need to get off the field! Someone could see your eyes!"

The boy had said but Boyd simply ignored him and went on with the game. Cassiopeia couldn't let the dark skinned boy get into even more trouble. She couldn't let him be discovered by Gerard, who was watching the game more intensely.

Running as fast as she could, the girl caught up to Boyd within seconds. The Beta frowned his eyebrows while trying to outrun her.

"Give it to Miller! Give it to Miller!"

Coach shouted as she swept the ball from Boyd's grip, making him growl, before running towards the opposite goal. Swerving a bunch of opposite players, Cassiopeia finally reached the goal.

"Shoot!"

Coach shouted even louder as the bleachers were going crazy. The ball left her stick and shot right through the net. As everyone was cheering, Cassiopeia felt a body press against hers before being thrown across the field.

Loud gasps were heard as her body fell with a loud thud on the muddy grass. The world was spinning around her as she felt her vision getting blurry. Her eyelids felt heavier by the second until Cassiopeia was met with total darkness.

• • •

Slowly opening her eyes, Cassiopeia was met with bright white lights and multiple heads.

"Give her space, everyone give her space"

She heard Coach say as heads started to remove from her visual range. Cassiopeia got up on her elbows, looking around the field while massaging her temple slowly.

"Take it easy, champ"

"What happened?"

"You were knocked out by the Abomination"

"How long?"

"A few seconds, are you okay Cassie?"

Finstock asked with concern in his voice as the girl sent him a reassuring smile. Grabbing onto his arm, the girl stood up as everyone cheered her on.

"You're going to drop my grade, Coach?"

"I'm seriously questioning your priorities right now"

The man stated with a chuckle while bringing her to the ambulance where she was going to get checked for any other injury.

"I'll be fine, we can still win"

"Cassie, we won. You scored the winning goal"

"Wait what? Really?"