Chapter Twenty Six:Didnt know

My father stands up off the ground and then grabs me and puts me infront of him.
"Try to shoot me. You'll just hurt her. So stand down"
My father says and all my confidence I had been feeling before becomes nonexistent.
My father grips my wrists to tight I feel like they might just fall off.

The men slowly put their guns down.
"Now go. Leave. Or I'll shoot her"
He says pulling a gun out of his pocket to my head.

He's kidding right.. he's not using his own daughter to do this.

I look at the men with scared eyes. Hoping they would control this freak of a man behind me.

I look up at the sky and on top of a sign near by I spot Peter. His mask is off and he looks hurt. He's just watching. He notices me watching him and then jumps down from the building.

He's not going to help. He hates me now I know it.

"Go on! Leave!"
My father yells.
The men slowly back away and so does my father.

Then just as I'm losing hope I hear peters voice and my father falls to the ground
"Hey that's not nice"
Peter says and he webs the gun and wraps my father in webs and so my father just falls to the ground knowing this is his last hurrah.

Peter gives the gun to the police guys. Then they walk away to my father and the other bird guy and Happy is. And they go and take care of that

"Hi"
I say softly to peter not knowing what to say to him.
"You were late.."
He says talking about the dance making me laugh.
"Well you weren't there when I showed up"
I joke.
He takes my hand and guides me to a little alleyway in between two buildings. He takes off his mask and sighs.
"Is that actually your dad?"
He asks but all I can focus on is how bad he got hurt.
"Sadly, yes.. and everything he told you.."
I trail off and Peter looks at me hoping I'm not going to say my father was true.

".. it's a long story but he did put me up to distract you.. but everything I did was based off of my own feelings. He didn't tell me to do anything....I actually just wanted to hangout with you.. And I get it if you hate me"
I say looking at the ground.
"I don't hate you"
He says softly
"I just wish you told me so I could've maybe helped you get away faster"

I look up at him
"I don't ever want to associate or work for my father again"

Peter nods

Then a dagger comes flying past both of us and into the building.
I look over and see my father holding daggers and about to throw another.
"Just leave me alone for good!"
I scream at him and he throws but his aim is awful.

"Oh veronica I may be weak but I do have a little bit of power left in me"
He says and puts his hand up in peters direction but then a blast of light comes from.. me knocking him down and having the FBI dudes comes over and cuff him while he's out cold.

I look at my hands and at peter then look down at myself
"Vee! You have powers?"
He asks coming over to me.
"One. Didn't know I could do that. Two. What the hell just happened"
I say and Peter pulls me into a hug.
"That was sick"
He says once out of the hug.

"I guess I did get my parents powers after all"
I say still in awe of what happened
"You read so many superhero books you became one"
Peter teases