Chapter Fourteen: Late night

When it was 11 everyone started to trickle back to their rooms including me liz and Betty. I called the shower first but we did race back to our room for it. We almost got in trouble but let's not talk about it.

As Betty was in the shower and I was laying in my bed with my new black silk pjs and my hair damp I looked over at Liz who was wrapped in her towel still and was on her phone.

"Liz do you like anyone"
I ask her and she looks up from her phone and shrugs
"Not really"

I sit up and look at her
"At the pool you and flash were being really touchy"
She scoffs and puts her phone down
"He's just flirty with everyone he has the tiny bit of relation to. I kiss a snail before I'd even date him or go out"
"Ok. Ok. I get the point"

I lay back down and think about Peter. I wonder why he didn't come to the pool. I was hoping that now he was coming I could hangout with him. Make my father happy I'm distracting him. Sometimes I forget I'm doing my fathers dirty work. Peter is a really nice guy and it's horrible that I have to do this to him.

My phone buzzes and I grab it and see it's an unknown number.
I pick up and walk to the corner of the room.
"Hello?"
I say and hear my fathers voice. I stand out in the hall and listen.
"Veronica get your Peter play toy out of my business"

I groan. That's why he didn't come. I mean good for him putting his "friends" infront of him for his work

"I can't do anything about him"
I say quietly but yet loudly

"You didn't tell me you were going to this competition thing."
He says as if he's proud yet annoyed
"I haven't seen you. You've been with your partners."

I switch my phone to my other hand and sigh
"What are you even doing?"
I ask
"If you must know, child. We were trying to get some more alien tech but the red tighted idiot came along and got stuck in a truck"

Why is he giving me so much info he never does this. Must be feeling generous

"Okay.. what are you calling me for"
"Child. I am calling you so you can take care of that idiot so he will not get in the way of our duties anymore"
He screams into the phone then hangs up.
I hate him.

Should I text Peter.. I hope he's ok.

I put on a smile as I go in the room but just head straight to my bed. I'm not able to sleep and the girls aren't either.
It pitch black and the room and I sit up.
"You can sleep either?"
Betty asks and then Liz sits up
"Late night jitters"
Liz says and turns on her lamp.

"Wanna play a game?"
I suggest
And the girls nod.

We end up playing f marry kill like we do at gym then talk about if we could have any superpower what it would be and that ends up tiring us out.