Chapter Twenty:Falling for you

May and I get wrapped up in aconversation it feels like we had forgotten about Peter. Until he walks through the door after about 10 minutes of me being at their house.

He looks upset. I look him up and down looking at his "I survived NYC" shirt and hello Kitty pajama pants. I stand up but stay by the couch as May and Peter talk.
I wanna hug him but i feel like I'm not the person he wants to see right now.

As they're talking and I'm listening Peter says
"I lost the stark internship"
Which makes me confused. I wanna ask him about that but again, not the right time.

Peter leaves the living room/kitchen without even looking at me and goes to take a shower
"I'm just gonna go"
I say grabbing the door
"Wait"
She calls out so I turn to her
"Stay. I think he could really use a friend"
She says and so I close the door

Again, me and May talk for a while then when Peter is out of the shower and fully clothed he actually asks me to come in his room. So I go.

In his room I sit at his desk chair as he stays standing, leaning against the door.
He tells me what happened. In a detailed yet not detailed at all story. He tells me how Mr.Stark took away his suit and he screwed up. I try to give him some words of advice but I don't think I'm much of any sort of help.

He goes to his mirror and lifts up his shirt looking at where he got hurt.
"You got hurt pretty bad, huh?"
I say, stating the obvious. Just trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.
"Not too bad. I heal fast, it's one of my powers. So this'll probably be gone by tomorrow"
He says and puts his shirt back down.

Then I think of something
"What did the guy.. who hurt you.. look like?"
"There were a few and I don't really remember what they look like other then one had big metal wings"
I nod. Pretty sure that's not my father.

He goes and sits on his bed then pats the bed beside him for me to go and sit. I sit beside him and he lays back, his head hitting the wall in the process making me laugh.
"Vee.."
He says his eyes getting watery and I look at him concerned
"I don't what I'm gonna do without that suit.."
he says and I sigh
"You don't need that stupid suit. You got your powers the suit just protects and controls, right? And you were taking care of the little stuff so taking a break from that won't really be too bad"

That was the worst pep talk i have ever heard
"This is where your knowledge on superhero's comes in handy"
He says smiling making me giggle.
"Your hair looks funny  when it's wet"
I say and he squints at me
"It always looks funny"

I start to play with his hair and at first he gives me a weird look but then he seemed fine with it.
I take my hands away and he looks up at me
"Did you fix it?
He asks and I just stare at him
"Fix what?"
"My hair"
I laugh
"Isnt that what you were doing"
He sits up and looks at me confused
I calm my laughter and shake my head
"Your hair will forever look 'funny' it's unfix-able"
I joke
He gasps, pretending to be hurt
"How dare you speak of my hair that way!"
He teases going along with me.
I stand up look at him.

I look down at the floor then back at him
"You should clean your room"
I say and he groans, standing up
"You sound like my aunt"
He sits back down sighing loudly and I roll my eyes

I  start to walk to the door but then trip over a something on his floor and fall on top of him. He tried to catch me but he didn't and it was more of like a he caught me so i fell on him then we hit heads in the process.

We stare at each other for way longer then we should then my arms give out and fall beside him and groan
"See that's why you should clean your room. It's a safety hazard"

I rub my head and try to pretend that didn't happen

He laughs awkwardly then stands up and  holds out his hand.
"I usually just stay to the ceiling so it's only a safety hazard for you non-sticky people"

I take his hand and stand up.
"I should get going"
I say looking at my phone
"Really? It's still so early."

I nod and go to the door then turn to him
"Are you- do you have anyone to go to the um.. homecoming with you?"
He shakes his head and I take a deep breath

"I don't either so I was thinking maybe if we.. if we both don't find dates then w-we could go together.."