Chapter Eight: In my head

Once when I was 13 I was sobbing in my room because I didn't want to be apart of my fathers charade. I stormed up to him and screamed at him that I wanted to be put up for adoption or left on the street, anywhere away from him and his business. He nearly killed me that night. I thought that was the end. Ever since I have feared my father and never raise my voice at him because I know what he's capable of. I had secretly taken self defense class after that just to be safe. He still frightens me from time to time but I know he wouldn't hurt me because I'm too valuable for his business but if he were to hurt me... I have anything meaning I have nothing to lose.

Today was my chem test and with peters clarification even though I knew what i was doing he explained it more then I knew it could be. I was serious about him becoming a tutor he really should.
I feel horrible that I have to play my fathers game with this pure kid but I hope I can mend his heart when I eventually break it.

I went through the day and ended up passing my chemistry test as I knew I would but I was planning to thank Peter after school or at lunch.

In physics aka the period just before lunch my mind was wandering off. I kept thinking about my mom
But one specific time
Of how she was telling me about my father for the first and last time
And how after they went their separate ways he went to this place called Madripoor. Where all the villains go. A place where there's these big parties and crazy people. My mom said that when they went their separate ways he called her every night for a month at Madripoor but then one day he just stopped and that's when she knew they were officially over and he had gone off the deep end.

"Veronica!"
My teacher yells snapping me out of my thoughts
"Uh- yeah? Sorry.."
"Can you answer number five..?"

I sit up straight in my seat and answer the question feeling a little distraught. Note to self don't think about family unless you have to.

At lunch i see where Peter is as he was just leaving the cafeteria. I rush over to him and ned.
"Peter"
I say and he turns around, ned does the same.
"I passed the test thanks for helping me"
I gleam and happy smile and he smiles back
"You're welcome"
I hug him and then he walks away he looks back a couple times but just keeps walking away.

For my last class of the day it's gym.
It's Friday and Coach Wilson usually never really cares what us students do as long as we're not loud. Liz, Betty, JJ, and Jason basically accepted me into their little gym hangout group. They usually get out doing everything in gym and just sit on the bleachers so I do the same.
Jj said we should play kiss marry kill today with celebrities and to make it fun I said we should do it with superhero's instead.

Jason went first and his answer was boring cause he kept being a baby and saying he didn't want to say kiss or marry a guy since the only girl superhero is black widow.

"Now see..For me it would be F thor, marry iron man, and kill hulk"
Betty said with a big smile remaining on her face
"Kill hulk.. as if"
I mumble and liz looks at me and smiled guessing she agrees.
"What about spiderman"
I say and glance over to Peter to see if he would give a reaction
"It's just spiderman"
Betty shrugs
"Did you guys see that bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off like four guys"
Liz says and jj gasps

"Oh my gosh she's crushing on spiderman!"
Betty teases
"No way.."
Jason mouth goes wide with a small smile
"Kind of..."
Liz admits and we laugh
"Ugh gross.. he's probably like 30!"
I say putting my hand over my mouth and glance over at the wide eyed Peter and Ned.

"You don't even know what he looks like. Like, what if he's like.. seriously burned?"
Jason says and I nod along

I wonder how Liz would react to Peter admitting he's spiderman.

"..I wouldn't care! I would still love him for the person he is on the inside."
Liz says proudly

"Peter knows Spider-Man!"
Ned yells

What the hell did ned just say.. oh god he's an idiot