Chapter Thirteen: Puppy Love

The whole ride to the hotel/competition place Liz quizzes us. Mr. Harrington kept persisting for Liz not to overwork us.

While we were in about the 7th round of questions (I'm not sure I lost count after round 3) Peter got a phone call and was acting super suspicious. I couldn't do much about it like to eavesdrop or ask what's up like normal since we're on a very small bus.

When we get to the hotel it's super big. We all were in awe of how nice it seemed. Liz was leading us all to our rooms and I stayed by her side keeping a close eye on Peter and Ned.

I get a room with Betty and Liz. It's a bigger room since it has 3 beds which means it was nicer.

I decided to paint my nails as Betty was on her phone complaining how hungry she was and Liz unpacking some stuff for tomorrow from her bag.

As I finished one hand and Betty was finally quiet Liz looked right at me and cleared her throat
"Need some water?"
I ask without even looking up.

"Why are you always looking at Peter"
She asks and I pause my painting and look up
"I don't know he's my friend just trying to see if he's getting into his usual Peter... ness"
Betty sits up and gasps
"Your totally into him"

I laugh
"And so what If I am.."
Betty and Liz squeal in practically unison
"Your going to burst my eardrums with your squealing!"
I warn trying to contain my laughter
"You should shoot your shot"
Liz says jumping to Betty's bed which is closer to mine.
"Maybe.."
I quietly say going back to painting my nails
"I don't see what you see in him though"
I glare at her
"Gee thanks"
I sarcastically say

"Betty stop being so hangry"
Liz teases and Betty revolts by throwing a pillow at her.
"Here what about this.. we go raid the vending machines?"
Liz suggests and Betty jumps off her bed
"Yes!"

I close my nail polish bottle and stand up
"What if we go swimming"
"The pool is closed"
Betty states the obvious
"So.."
Liz says grabbing her swim suit out of her bag.

We giggle getting our swimsuits out and Liz texts everybody to meet at the vending machines with swimsuits and so soon enough everyone does.

We almost clear out a side of the vending machine but all of us run out of pocket change so we head to the pool.

Me, Betty, and Liz stay in the back teasing Betty of how she was hungry. As we pass the rooms Peter stands out in the hallways looking like he's going to leave.

As me and the girls approach him they push me to him to make me talk. They run off waving

"Hi.. peter"
I cross my arms across my self trying to keep my bathing suit covering over myself.
"Vee.. hey.."

He looks behind him then to me
"I was just about to go.. I was going to go.. uh.. study in the um business center"
I look at him confused
"You don't need to study your so smart.. smarter then me. I've started this yesterday and I'm already ready to.. to go.."
I pause then start again saying
"And I have you to thank for my.. my knowledge.. cause you're like the smartest guy I've ever met"

He looks at me like he's never heard anyone call him smart before

He says nothing so I go on
"Liz told me rebellious group activities before competition is good for like.. morale"
"Hm..?"
He looks confused so I start to stammer
"Liz had me read a ted talk.. no she-she showed me a coaching book and- and then listened to a ted.. talk.."
I nod trying to pretend like saying that wasn't a rollercoaster of words

"This seems really important to you.."
Peter says softly.

I shrug
"I guess so... yeah.. oh and we found this vending machine and raided it we spent all our change on it. Sooo get your trunks on and come swim, have fun with us"

I hand him a candy bar then run to Betty and liz

We all stayed in the pool for a while. Everyone gossips, messed around, and overall we just have fun and let go. Feeling like a whole family.