Chapter 11: Snap

I snorted down my laughter as Bella got her hand wrapped up by Carlisle. I evening burst out laughing as she finished the story and fell backwards off my chair, still giggling.

"What up Bella, try and chew gum and walk again," Emmett joked.

"I punched a werewolf in the face," Bella laughed.

"Badass, you'll be one tough newborn," Emmett laughed. I scoffed and walked outside, sitting in the shadow. I pushed my hand into the sun and watched the sun glint off of it before pulling it back into my chest. Rosalie soon joined me and I knew Bella would follow soon.

"If you could take it back, take it all back would you?" Rosalie asked me.

"This is a real bitchy move but, never, I didn't lose anything I hadn't already before and if anything, I gained the love of my life for all of eternity," I smiled.

"I guess it is easier for you," Rosalie frowned. I stood up and wrapped her into a hug, she squeezed me lightly.

"Excuse me Rosalie," Bella's voice said. I pulled away from Rosalie but she remained close to me.

"Go blather to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn," Rosalie said.

"Fuck off Bella," I added.

"Okay but, Rosalie, I don't understand what I did to make you hate me so much," Bella said. I snorted a laughed and sat on the railing behind me.

"She doesn't hate you," I rolled my eyes.

"I don't particularly like you Bella but, I envy you," Rosalie sighed.

"What? Thats ridiculous!" Bella exclaimed.

"No, its not," Rosalie replied.

"I don't think you understand what becoming a vampire takes away Bella. Sure you could focus on the gains like immortality, or beauty, but it takes away choice," I said.

"You have a choice, right now. I didn't, none of us did, and Bird wasn't losing as much as you. But you do have a choice and your choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your life is," Rosalie said.

"My life isn't miserable. It isn't perfect but, no ones is," Bella said.

"Mine was. Absolutely perfect. There were things I still wanted. To be married with a nice house and a husband who kissed me when he came home. A family of my own," Rosalie sighed. I was suddenly pulled into her memory. "Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town, I barely knew him. But I was young, I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life I left a friend’s house late, I wasn’t far from home…" Rosalie trailed off. I felt violated. The feeling of someone else taking control of your body.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Oh god not again," Bella sighed.

I cringed away from someone that wasn't even there and tried not to scream. Feeling all the things Rosakue felt. The screams lay suppressed but the  utters for then to stop didn't.

"Stop stop, please stop," I begged no one. Then it was over, just like that.

"They left me in the street thinking I was dead, believe me I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood, but he was helping me," Rosalie frowned. I pulled myself out of the memory and sat on the floor, heaving.

"I'm sorry," Bella said.

"I got my revenge on them, one at a time. Saved Royce for last so he would know I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I met Emmett, but we’ll always be this, frozen, never moving forward. That’s what I miss the most, possibilities, sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett grey haired by my side surrounded by our grandchildren, their laughter," Rosalie smiled to herself. I wrapped her in a hug and she hugged back. She was really nice when you got to know her.

"I understand thats what you want. There's nothing I'll ever want more than Edward," Bella said.

"Wrong again Bells," I said.

"After you've been changed there's one thing you want more. Something you'll kill for. Blood," Rosalie corrected.