Chapter 10: News Flash

I curled up on Jaspers lap and Carlisle turned on the news. All of us formed into rigid statues as our intense focus blazed into the TV.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they’re reporting. Quite a few more. They’re undisciplined, conspicuous," Jasper told Edward and Bella. He wrapped himself around me almost protectively and I hugged him.

"Its newborns," Edward said.

"Ha, the flashbacks," I snorted.

"What like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"The first few months after the change," Edward exclaimed.

"Kinda sucks," I added.

"Definitely sucks," Jasper laughed. "Thats when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper added.

"Most unable to do anything to stop bad things from happening," I shuttered. Realization washed over Bella's face and she looked at me with a mix of fear and disgust.

"Y-Y-You ate somebody," she scoffed. I flinched as the memories washed over me like a tidal wave.

"No," I said wistfully. "The story is quite traumatic," I added.

"I get the feeling I shouldn't ask," Bella said. Jasper kissed my forehead.

"You really shouldn't," Emmett said.

"Another time," I waved her off.

"Bejng a newborn is something to look forward too," Emmett told Bella. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. As the newest here being a newborn sucked. Seriously.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle realized. I hugged Jasoer and hoped he was okay with all this.

"Now we're really going to Seattle," Emmett smiled evilly.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked.

"Regardless of why they were made if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm suprised they let it go on this long," Carlisle said.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy I read Aro's mind, he wants Bird and Alice to join him. He knows they'll never choose him while our family is alive," Edward said.

"Well he was right about one thing," I said. Jasoer kissed my nose and I smiled at him.

"Ugh, get a room," Emmett moaned.

"You are way worse than us," I laughed.

"She has a point Emmett," Jasper laughed. "But on a more serious matter, an Army could solve that problem for him," Jasper said.

"You think they would hurt you guys to get to us," I shuttered.

"I think you are too amazing for him to let go," Jasper said. I slipped off his lap and vampire sped out of the room. Jasper quickly followed in suit and I ended up in the meadow. I blinked tears out of my eyes. "Why are you crying darlin'?" Jasper asked.

"I am the reason this happened," I said.

"No you aren't, you didn't do anything wrong," Jasper said.

"I know Victoria," I blurted.

"What?" Jasper said incredulously.

"I-I-I, its a long story," I sighed.

I screamed as more bullets ripped through the private school walls. Most of my classmates fell limp to the ground, but I ducked, I hid. I was a coward.

"Are they all dead," a guy asked. I gritted my teeth and clutched the bullet wound in my calf. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to to cry out in pain. I pushed my fingers into the flesh and winced. I hand my fingers around the bullet and pulled, pulling it out. It hadn't made it far into my leg so I was lucky. I heard screamed and blood spattered the floor in front of me. I ducked further under the sink and watched three really pale people stride into the room.

"Poor children, a waste really," the blonde said. My foot slipped out from under me and I bit my cheek to keep from screaming in agony. The red head woman walked over to me and ducked down to my level.

"Are you alright little one?" She asked. I shook my head no.

"What happened, to the shooter men?" I asked.

"They're okay, we dealt with them," the French man said.

"I want to go home," I said.

"So you will young one," the red head said.

I snapped out of the memory and clutched my upper leg. Jasper looked at me, confused.

"Story?" He asked.

"Victoria saved my life, from a shooting at my old school," I said. "When I was just little," I added.

"Why didn't you tell anyone," Jasper asked.

"Because I honestly don't know what happened myself," I replied.

"So she knows you and somehow had the urge to save you?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah, pretty much, its just, I wonder if she is attacking because of me, you know?" I asked.

"I don't mean to frighten you young one," Victoria said kindly. I looked at her and my eyes went big with recognition. I know her, I have seen her before and she has seen me. I hope she doesn't notice me like I notice her.

"She isn't, its because of James, I promise," Jasper said.

"How could we ever really know though," I sighed.