Chapter 9: Whats Wrong

Bird's PoV

"It hurt, so much, like I was, I don't know, living through it all," I said.

Jasper applied a bit more burn creme to my shoulder and I touched the wrappings on my stomach.

"Why is this happening to me," I sobbed.

"Calm down Bird. You might smudge your burn creme," Jasper joked.

"Ha, ha," I said sarcastically.

"But, tell me more, I think I have an idea," Jasper said.

"Well, um, when the third wife stabbed herself, I started bleeding, and then, when they lit the cold woman on fire, I was on fire too. This makes no sense!" I laughed. "It probably sounds like I am a psyco," I laughed.

"A beautiful psyco," Jasper said. He kissed my exposed neck then started cough and spitting out the window.

"Let me guess, burn creme doesn't taste so good," I laughed.

"No," Jasper said while rubbing his tongue with a napkin. "It's great," he rolled his eyes. I kissed him and he made a purr like sound that caused me to go into a fit of giggles.

"Then, here's the best part, I wake up with frozen, wait for it, and unfrozen ice all over me, bleeding my guts out and Seth is burnt to a crisp. Then, oh then, I feint and wake up here!" I laughed.

"What I remember from that is someone screaming for help then a wolf running onto our land with you in his arms, it was kinda funny," Jasper laughed.

"Which wolf?" I asked.

"I dunno, but he was pretty young," Jasper said.

"Seth," I muttered.

"Oh yeah, the Clearwater kid, I guess it was him," Jasper said.

"I used to babysit him you know, but with the way he acts its like we are the same age," I laughed.

"Yeah, that's kind of a wolf thing," Jasper smiled.

"I don't know what happened when I was unconscious, but I have the odd feeling he stood up for me," I smiled.

"I think that feeling is right," Jasper smiled.

"Do you have any clue what happened to me?" I asked.

"I think, well I think that, so in order to have a memory you have to live it right. Well, I'm thinking that you took there memory, but in order to have a memory you have to live it, so you lived through that memory and took it as your own," Jasper explained.

"I guess that could make sense," I said.

"Yeah, it could," Jasper said.

Seth's PoV

"Seth! Why did you help her!" Paul roared.

"Because she is my friend! She's different!" I growled.

"No it's not Seth, you just want her to be, its just Bird's body, she isn't her inside," Sam said.

"No! Liar! You don't understand them at all!" I screamed.

"Seth, calm down!" Jacob ordered.

"N-N-No," I stuttered.

"Don't listen to Paul, what you did was good," Jacob said.

"I don't care," I growled.

"Bird is better because of it, probably out with J- the bloodsucker, right now," Jacob spat.

"I just, I want her to be okay," I sighed.

"She will be," Jacob smiled.

"She won't be if I get my hands on her, she broke the treaty, we could kill her in her sleep," Paul smirked.

"Shut up Paul!" I exclaimed. I socked him across the face and he transformed into a wolf, shortly followed by Sam to calm him down.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise," Leah joked.

"Butt out!" I growled. I tried to keep my anger at bay, I was wearing good shoes right now.

"Whats wrong little brother?" Leah asked.

"Nothing,," I replied. I turned on my heel and marched away.

(Short I know but I just wanted to update. I still need to rewatch Eclipse and I will soon, I left the disc at my grandmothers and need it back

- Emilia Bird Swan)