Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to my new readers :D Like those who started reading it... A few days ago. 

❤ Em's POV ❤

"Why would you pick this movie?" I bawled, and grabbed Mikaela's arm, hugging it tightly. Grabbing a handful of caramel popcorn, I rammed it into my mouth and chewed it with my mouth open while the salty tears dripped into my mouth.

"I didn't pick it! Randy did," She defended herself, and turned to narrow her eyes at her boyfriend, who was sitting on my left. He had half a chocolate bar in his hands, and was staring at us confusedly for a moment, before sudden realization hit him.

"Mikaela told me to choose what I thought was appropriate!" He shot a glare at Mikaela, and gave me the jazz hands.

"And, you thought The Notebook was an appropriate movie?" She shot back, her eyes narrowed. Then, they started bickering back and forth. Ah, that usual fighting of couples in love. It reminded me of.. Miles. A fresh new sheen of tears started forming as I thought of Miles.

Mikaela and Randy had practically been living with me for the past two days, in which I stayed in my dark living room with them, and watched movies with them. I knew I was being really selfish by making them take days off on their job, but I couldn't survive this alone.

"Randy! Give me a hug," I demanded croakily, and reached out towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hugs were just so comfy. Randy wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me to him.

"Em, you can't do that," I heard Mikaela complain, and I rolled my eyes, sniffling loudly. Mikaela had extreme jealousy issues. One time, this girl at the restaurant we were eating at came up to Randy and talked to him, Mikaela went crazy. I tell you, Mikaela and a fork wasn't a good sight.

"To hell with that, I just need a hug," I mumbled, "He's all yours after this."

She sighed exasperatedly, and I could tell that she was probably running her hands through her hair in frustration, "I didn't mean it like that!" 

I heard light footsteps across the wooden floor, and then, the worst thing ever happened.

Mikaela pulled open the curtains. The light suddenly flooded in, and literally blinded me momentarily. Hissing loudly, I pulled the blanket over my head and used Randy as my shield.

"Em! Look at the sun," Mikaela's attitude changed a hundred and eighty degrees, "Did you even know that it was noon time?"

"Mikaela! She's still hurting!" I heard Randy hiss. He probably was trying to keep his volume soft, but his whispering was still really audible.

"No, this cannot continue. Look at her!" She pointed to me, a frustrated look on her face, "Her hair is uncombed, she hasn't showered for two days, she's wearing that hideous blue pajama that Miles bought her."

"Em, I stuck with you for two days," She bit out harshly, "But this is too much. You can't waste your life away!"