Chapter 8

Happy Birthday to the September Babies out there:D My birthday is coming!!! YAYYYYY October 3rd!!!!!:D Please vote as my Birthday Present?:D

So, you people. If you haven't checked out the One Shot Competition in TBG, then you can see it here! Details: 

· You can write unrelated stuff. It does NOT have to be linked to the story, except you need Em, or Blake or any other characters in the book! 

· For example, you can write about Blake's POV at the wedding, or when they were at college or something. Or, maybe even before Em was in the games! 

· Write the story, and then, post it on wattpad and dedicate the chapter to me, OR, you can email it to vanesskool@hotmail.com :D OR, maybe you can message TBG page on facebook. 

· It has to be more than 700 words, or it won't be accepted. 

· There will be ONE winner of the competition, and probably two runner ups

· The prize? A fan from me, and a dedication from the sequel to TBG, Boyfriends. (Go check it out if you haven't already.)

· Or, we can negotiate the prize:P 

· If you have already read Boyfriends, please do not write it based on it. Pretend you haven't read Boyfriends, and write! 

· I'll check back again in two weeks. If there's NO entries, I'll be ashamed. So, PLEASE. Lol. I'm so desperate. 

❤ Em's POV ❤ 

"Hello Emerald," Angel's icy tone scared me for a moment, and my eyes widened when I saw her demeanour. She looked like the perfect ice-queen. I hadn't seen her for years, and she still looked young. "Hi Angel," I said with steel in my voice as I lowered myself onto the plush chair opposite her. We spent a few seconds scrutinizing each other with our eyes, and then, I noticed she visibly relaxed.

"Why do you need to see me?" She asked coolly, even though I was sure she knew the exact reason. I narrowed my eyes at her, and opened my mouth to speak, "Why are you and Blake doing this?" Her eyes widened with comprehension, and she gaped, finding words to speak. 

"You shouldn't have divorced him," She stated coldly, and I narrowed my already-narrowed eyes at her. "Do you know what'd happened?" I raised my voice a little, and she shook her head firmly. She must've thought that I got bored of him or something. "I caught him cheating on me with freaking Willa Queens!" My voice was extremely loud now, and people in the cafe were beginning to give me weird looks. 

"Oh. I didn't.. Know that," Angel sounded ashamed, and I pinched my nose bridge, sighing resignedly. "Why did you try to make me jealous?" I demanded, and she shrugged, "You belong together." Psh, if we did belong together, that sleazy, cheating Blake would never have cheated! "He told me he didn't want my help anymore," Angel added. As if it made the situation better. 

She began her recount of her meetings with Blake, and I nodded absent-mindedly, thinking about Blake rejecting Angel's offer to help him. What did it signify? Did he finally give up? That would be good, but somewhere deep in my heart, I kind of wanted him to chase me back. 

"You know, Blake has a right to visit his son. It's in the law," Angel proceeded to over-casually say that, and my mouth twisted into a grimace. Was it really part of the law? Did I really have to let my innocent Elliot meet that sick, twisted Blake? "I suggest you go contact him about it before the law gets you," She continued, picking up her bag. 

"See you around, Emerald," She waved, and then, in an instant, she was gone. 

The journey back to my house was quick, because I was contemplating whether I should heed her words, or just shove it to one side and forget about it forever.