Chapter 20

recap of chapter 19: Darren and Mackenzie kidnapped Em and Darren took advantage of her.

Chapter 20

It felt like years.

Long, painful years.

By the time it was over, I was wailing loudly. The sound of my sobs reverberated through the air. I felt dirty, like a used tissue.

That feeling was so horrible. Ashamed, I hung my head low, trying to ignore the throbbing everywhere on my body where Darren had touched me.

I felt like a slut.

"See, it wasn't so bad, was it," Darren smirked sleazily at me.

I screamed at him in response, using up most of my remaining energy.

Darren walked over to me, a handkerchief in his hand. "I need to go and get rid of some problems, or people. Stay here, and don't move," He threatened.

"Don't touch my family and friends! You promised!" I screeched at him, struggling against the ropes that bounded me. I ignored the burns they left on my skin.

"I don't know. It depends on what I'm feeling like," Darren shrugged nonchalantly, "It's kind of a go-with-the-flow thing."

"No! You cannot do that! You can't break your promise! I did what you told me to do. You can't do this!" I wailed loudly, "You can't. Please, don't touch-"

Darren forced my mouth open, and stuffed the handkerchief into it, cutting me off effectively. "Like I said, it depends," He stated.

"Don't touch them!" I tried to say, but due to the handkerchief gag, no sound came out of my mouth. Nothing at all.

"Oh, Em. How you make me smile," Darren leaned over to caress my right cheek. I flinched away as far as I could from him. He was disgusting.

Then he left me with a threat in a warehouse. It was dark. It was smelly. It was dinghy. It was absolute hell.

And I needed to get out (to pee).

The door was less than fifty feet away from me, and I was sure that there was no lock on it. If I could somehow get myself to the door and untie my arms, I was free.

Suck back those tears. You have to save yourself. You're a strong, independent woman and no one is going to take advantage of you. You are going to protect your son, and your friends. You can't show any weakness. No one is going to save you this time; you were lucky five years ago. Calm down. Gain your composure back. Calm down. Stop being so scared. Your bladder needs you.

I looked around the room. In kidnapper movies, there was always a sharp object in the room for the victim to cut her binds with. After two minutes of scanning the room, I came to a conclusion that there was absolutely nothing for me to cut my rope with.

The handkerchief was becoming absolutely soggy in my mouth. I felt constricted. After all, I was tied up almost everywhere - my arms were binded together, and my feet were tied to the front feet of the chair. Darren had ripped off the rope that had held my torso to the back of the chair.

What would Liam Neeson do? He would probably do some crazy karate dance, and break out of this position with his superhuman strength or something. Then, he would smash the chair over the bad guy's head, and kill everyone in the room.

Hold on. Could I do that? Obviously not doing the karate or break out with super human strength. But, maybe, I could smash the chair. Somehow.

I started jumping. Well, sort of, as much as I could while being tied up like this. It was more like jerking randomly. The chair made quiet squeaks of protest as it was tortured by my movement. Darren probably underestimated my intelligence, and got a ten buck chair from a garage sale.