Chapter 7

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BESTIE @Phix9786, also known as VANESSA(She copied my name:P) I LOVE YOU POOP.

Yes, if your birthday is coming, tell me, and I'll give you a birthday shoutout:P Oh ya, PLEASE VOTE FOR TBG. Watty Awards is coming. And, vote for this book too. I love you.  

~~~

+ Em's POV +

"Hellooo?" A feminine crooned into the phone, and I rolled my eyes. She'd told me to call her, and I did. Miles and Elliot were having 'boy-time', and Elliot had told me that since I was girl, I could not join them. "Yeah, erm, it's Emerald, the person you met at the restaurant. I know your sister.. Tina?" I asked cautiously, praying that my clumsy thumbs hadn't 'accidentally' pressed the wrong number. "Oh yeah, it's Tessa!" The voice perked up, and I let out a relieved sigh.

"So, did you ask her?" My voice rose up a few pitches in anticipation, and Tessa chuckled. "Calm your socks," She warned teasingly, and I smiled. "She said she wasn't dating him," Tessa informed me, and I felt the corners of my lips curve into a small smile. I knew it! She couldn't be dating Blake! But, it didn't really explain why he would say he was her boyfriend...

"She said he asked her for help to get you back," Tessa continued, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I quickly asked her to explain word-for-word, and she did. "He asked her to pretend to be his date to make you jealous, and she agreed, because someone named 'Angela' asked her as well," Tessa explained, and it dawned on me that Blake was a stupid, lying jerk. I mean, it wasn't like he wasn't. To me, he was just even more of a jerk now. 

I thanked Tessa, and told her to keep in touch, before hanging up. Going to 'contacts' and scrolling to 'B' for Blake's name. I was about to press the call button, but then, my phone rang, and I jumped. It was an unknown number. I answered, bringing the phone to my ears. 

"Hi. This is Emerald Mines, Vice-Chairman of Californian Branch." I used my professional tone to answer, and there was an awkward silence for a moment. Then, that voice that I'd missed so much spoke. 

"Em? It's Darren." 

I shrieked, dropping my phone onto my lap as I cupped my mouth in shock. Darren had been transferred from Juvie to jail when he turned eighteen, and he was only due to come back next year. Maybe he got released early due to his good behaviour. Instantly, tears were brimming from my eyes due to happiness. "I missed you so much!" I squealed into the phone, and he chuckled. 

"Can we meet?" His voice sounded extremely urgent, and I agreed to meet him at the nearby coffee shop. Pulling on my jacket and hanging up my phone at the same time, I rushed out of the house... 

When I reached there, I searched the room to see Darren's mop of dirty blonde hair, but to no avail. Darren usually was early. Why wasn't he here yet? Maybe, he chickened out and decided to ditch me? I sighed loudly, turning to the exit. Then, I saw those familiar features, but this time, it was accompanied by light brown hair. 

He spread his arms out, as if expecting me to run into it. And, that was exactly what I did. I knew it looked wrong, hugging another guy when you had a boyfriend, but who cared? I hadn't seen my best friend for years!