Chapter 16

Picture of Blake --->

Important A/N at the bottom.

Em's POV

"You can't be serious," I shook my head vehemently, glaring incredibly at the two guilty culprits that were currently looking down at their feet, "It's only been like, what, two days since I broke up with Miles!" 

The both of them looked at me guiltily, before Randy blurted out, "Mikaela forced me into this! I told her no!"

And soon, a small quarrel began. "We pinky-promised that we were in this together! Break a pinky promise, break a pinky!" Mikaela shrieked, and lunged in a totally unlady-like fashion at Randy, who let out a surprisingly high-pitched girly scream, and started running from her. Keep in mind that this happened right outside the popular salon, and that many people were eye-balling me.

“Em, save meeeeee!” I could hear Randy scream as Mikaela chased him around on the wide pavement. Rolling my eyes, I decided to ignore the both of them and headed straight towards the car. They were such children, seriously.

“I won’t stop until you agree, Em!” Mikaela yelled so loudly that I could hear her from inside the car, with the windows almost fully winded up. From my line of vision, I could see women shooting the both of them distasteful glares. Rude, much?

This was so embarrassing! I slouched in the backseat of the car, trying to sink as low as I could on the seat so that no one could link me to these two idiots that were running around stupidly like six-year-olds.

"I'm going to break your pinky!" I could hear Mikaela screaming so loudly, the windows were going to shatter from the volume. A loud shriek followed soon after.

It was only about twenty minutes later, that Mikaela and Randy finally compromised and returned to the car. It was actually quite amazing how they could be mad at each other for one minute, and then return to that lovey dovey couple a minute later. They made me sick with their moony-eyed stares and their pet names for each other.

“You have no choice but to go, Em. The dinner is at this extravagant restaurant, and it took me so much persuasion to make him agree,” Mikaela turned around from the passenger seat, and looked me in the eye as she explained it through, “You can’t just not turn up. It isn’t right.”

“Besides, I have a feeling you’ll really like him,” She added, smiling slyly at me. Randy coughed, and started shaking his head slightly but Mikaela flicked his forehead to stop him.

“Who is he in the first place?” If I had to meet him, I wanted to know who the hell he was.

“It’s a blind date. You aren’t meant to know anything about him,” Mikaela snorted, “Don’t be so stupid.”

They dropped me off outside an expensive-looking restaurant, and drove off before I could once again protest, with a promise to pick me up if I didn't enjoy the date. It sounded like they knew I would like the date with whoever it was with. I was sure that I wouldn't.

According to Mikaela, this mystery guy was rich, charming, handsome, and whatever that fulfilled my dreams. I didn't believe her. This 'hot' guy was probably going to stand me up, or be some sex-crazed monkey. I don't know which one would be better. 

I stared at my watch again and sighed. I didn't want to look stupid if whoever he was didn't turn up. Maybe, I should just leave. Maybe, I could hail a cab to take me home. Maybe...

"Sorry I'm late," I heard a deep voice say from behind me, and immediately tensed up. That voice. I knew that voice. 

I turned around so quickly my head swam, and I felt slightly dizzy. "I can't believe Mikaela set me up with you," I snapped, glaring at Blake with all my might, "What was she thinking?"