Chapter 17

✿ Em's POV ✿

"You're glowing. Are you pregnant?" Emmalie teased as she strutted into my office, two solo cups in a her left hand. Her Kate Spade hand bag was hanging off her right shoulder. Grabbing one of the solo cups, I took a large sip, and scalded my tongue in the process. "By the way, nice new office."

She was the one that was glowing. At four months of her pregnancy, she was in her second trimester and glowing. Emmalie was literally glowing in the dark. Her baby bump was much more prominent now. "Thanks. And puh-lease, I'm not going through the horrors of pushing something out of myself again," I shuddered dramatically at the memory of going into labour and sort of pushing Elliot out of me.

"You exaggerate, Emmi," She rolled her eyes at me, taking a sip of her coffee,"You were high on the gas mask and epidural. Eli was vacuumed from you."

"Be that way," I retorted. I began showing Emmalie around my modest-sized office - it was the first time she was here since I was promoted. We definitely had to catch up and talk. After all, I hadn't seen her for almost a month! Sure, we talked on the phone, but nothing could beat meeting in person.

"Seriously, you seem much happier. Honestly, I've never seen you so happy in the few years I have known you," She took on a serious tone, scanning me carefully with her grey eyes, "You met someone new?" 

Well, that was sort of correct. Except that he wasn't new. More like my ex-husband. 

"Ooh! Mikaela told me about him last night while we were on the phone. She said you were totally in love, but she didn't tell me who it was," She started hopping around like a crazy junkie that was high on weed. She was definitely going to hurt the baby if she continued hopping around. Touch wood. "Spill." 

"Stop hopping! Your baby is jiggling around in your womb. It's probably getting sick," I grabbed both her wrists to stop her from being hyper-active, "Mikaela was just exaggerating. I'm not in love with him. We just had fun on our blind date."

"A blind date? Details, Em; I want details," She did her hair flip, and her long golden mane went flying into my mouth. I spluttered, and drank gulps of my hot coffee, trying to cleanse the insides of my mouth. 

"Gosh Emmalie, I ate your hair," I wheezed. Great; now my tongue was scalded, and I had the disgusting taste of her Dove-conditioned hair in my mouth. 

"Well, if you don't tell me, I'm tempted to stuff my locks into your mouth again," She threatened, and stepped closer. 

"Morning Em," A yawn from behind me made Emmalie stop in her tracks and turn around. "Who's this?" 

"Darren, meet Emmalie," I introduced them, "And vice versa." 

"So, why are you out here talking to your friend? I've never seen you so vibrant and bouncy for the past few weeks I've worked here," He scrutinized my face. 

Emmalie butt in before I could reply, "She's telling me about her date last night!" 

"Well, it was with Blake," I admitted. Emmalie's eyes widened noticeably, and Darren's frowned. 

"Your ex-husband?" Darren asked curiously. I nodded in response. "I thought you hated him?"

"Well, everyone deserves a second chance, right? I gave you one," I found myself defending Blake.