Chapter 22. Care

Sunlight trickled through the curtains on my face. For a moment, I had no idea where I was and panicked. I sat up straight and scanned the room I was in. Slowly, memories of last night returned. I looked beside me, Sideswipe was still asleep. Energon dripped from his wounds onto the bedsheets.

I got out of bed, staring at him for a moment. He whimpered a little, even he'd asleep, he's still pain. I can't leave him, that's cruel, even for me. I snitched my shoes off the floor and left quietly, heading for the pharmacy in town.

When I returned, Sideswipe was sitting on the edge of bed, shirtless and checked his wounds. He was surprised when he saw me. "You haven't left?" He asked. I shrugged as I kicked the door closed with my foot. "Don't make me regret my decision, Sideswipe!" I snapped.

He watched me come closer. I injected him and grabbed some gloves, stitching some wounds. "I can't fix your alt-mode... so..." I trailed off. "It's fine... this already helps..." he mumbled. I hummed and finished, adding some bandages around his arm before cleaning up. "Well, good luck..." I said, throwing some stuff in the thrash can.

"You are leaving?"
"Yes, I am..." I scowled. "Skye, please... it's ridiculous!" He argued. "Why's that? Lennox got two front liners now... he doesn't listen to a stupid teenager like me anyway and I don't even want to stay!" I snarled. "You're injured... you need medical attention. You need help..."

He sat me down and looked at the shot wound. "You need Ratchet for this!" He stated. I sighed and shook my head. "Skye, if this get infected you die!" He snapped. I rolled my eyes. "You're not leaving..." he growled, grabbing his shoes. "I am going to leave! As soon as Ratchet is done with patching me up!" I hissed.

Sideswipe completely ignored me and the drive back to base wasn't pleasant either. Sideswipe is irritated and didn't want to talk to me, so did I. I touched the shot wound, blood was still seeping out, even I had tried to stop the blood flow before we left. "Does it hurt?"

"No!"
"Why do I even ask..."
"You didn't had to ask!"
"Skye..."

I glared at Sideswipe. "Don't be like this..." he murmured. I snorted and turned my head away from him. "Just shut up and keep driving!" I snarled. He did and by the time we arrived. I felt weak and my face was pale.

Sunstreaker was the first one to marched over to us,— supporting his twin. "What happened, Sides?" He asked. The silvery twin shook his head and leaned against his bro for support and his comfort. "What happened, Skye?"

I hated the strict tune in Sunny's voice. "Ask your brother! Apparently he knows it all to well!" I spat out before turning around. I didn't get far, I collapsed on the floor. Sunstreaker picked me up, "put me down!" Insulked, nearly too weak to yell at him.

He completely ignored me and that was the last thing I knew before falling into a slumber. As I woke up, I stared at a white ceiling. The medbay. Ratchet approached, "you got luck..." he said. I snorted but didn't argue. I felt too tired to do that. "I have operated you... you should be fine soon. Especially with the Energon in your blood..."

"Ugh, don't remind me!" I snapped.
The Energon increased the healing process, kept my cells strong and health and prevented me from aging. It makes me immortal. Ratchet checked me up again before leaving and Sunstreaker walked in ten minutes later.

"I don't wanna talk!"
He turned my head so I was forced to look at him. "Stop..." he snapped. "You and I need to talk..." he added quietly. I sighed and shook my head. "You need to change your attitude...  please..."

"Leave me alone, Sunstreaker! I didn't ask you to come here and keep me company!" I sneered. "I don't need your permission either, Skye! Sideswipe told me why you left!" He hissed. "I don't need your permission either, Sunstreaker! I am 18!" I snarled.

He hit me, which made me flinch. "You stop talking right now! I am sick of listening to your complains!" He hissed angrily while getting up. "We aren't done yet, Skye! When you're fired from the medbay, you're mine and I will give you a piece of my mind!" He snapped and got up.

"What do you want me to say or do, Sunstreaker?

He halted and turned around to face me. "If you wonder why people dislike you—" I cut him off. "I don't want people to like me either! I didn't ask for you, for Sideswipe or who else!" I snarled angrily. He snorted and shook his head before marching out of the room.

((Sunstreaker's P.O.V))
I made my way over to my injured brother. Sideswipe is doing better, still a little tired and that fraghead let me nurse him. If I didn't feel sorry for him, I probably wouldn't have done it. He smiled as I walked into the medbay. Ratchet just finished working on his frame. "How are you?"

"Ugh, I am good. Glad Ratchet had finished. So... how's Skye doing?" He asked. "She's pissed... but when isn't she pissed, huh?" I sighed and sat beside him on the edge. He laid his servo on mine. "You know... why don't we give her a piece of our minds? I don't mean shouting but ignoring?" He suggested. "Ignoring?" I repeated. "She's trying to sound tough, she's not... so why don't we— just simply ignore her? That way she feels lonely and perhaps says sorry to us for all the things she said... mostly at you."

"I don't know, Sides. Skye seriously doesn't give a frag if we ignore her or not. She's too stubborn anyway..." I replied. "Isn't it worth a try?" He asked. I laid beside him and pulled him some closer,— thinking. "So you think it can work?"

"Yeah... I do."