fifty two

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

I woke up to the warmth of her body around me, the morning sun flooding in through the long windows. I had my arms wrapped around her as we spooned in the big bed.

We fucked last night, three different times. Once in the shower and then twice in bed afterwards.

Each time was better than the last, and I think it was owed to the fact that we were actually together now.

She's my girlfriend.

I lift my head up a bit to glance down at the length of her body tangled in the sheets. She was breathing calmly, her hands tucked under her cheek while her figure contoured to mine.

I haven't really felt complete in a very long time. I've felt like something was missing within me since I lost Krista.

But since I asked Charlotte to be with me, I've felt fulfilled—at least more fulfilled than I have in a while. 

I've never been an official boyfriend before to anyone. I'm not really sure what my role is here.

Do I wake her up to say good morning?

I'd be annoyed if someone woke me up like that. So maybe not.

It felt weird because I'd usually know exactly what to do if I wasn't dating her, but now I'm just awkward and my fucking palms are sweaty.

I should go to the bathroom and freshen up before she wakes up so at least my teeth are brushed—

But, would she even care?

Why am I questioning myself so much?

I slowly slip my arm's grip from around her, getting out of the bed as quietly as I can without waking her.

I leave her in the bedroom and walk down the hall to the bathroom in just my pyjama pants. I grab my toothbrush and pile on more toothpaste than usual, brushing hard and for a long time and making sure to get my tongue and cover every inch. I just want her to be impressed—even though I've known her for two and a half months...

I need to relax a bit. Nothing's changed except for the fact that we have an official boyfriend/girlfriend relationship now.

I spit the toothpaste into the sink, taking the cap off the mouthwash and rinsing. I take a deep breath and look in the mirror.

What do good boyfriend's actually do?

I thought back to my mother and father's relationship. They loved each other a lot and really could do no wrong in each other's eyes.

I had a specific memory of me and my father making my mom breakfast in bed for Mother's Day when I was six.

Breakfast in bed. Who doesn't like that?