forty eight: Casino

Charlotte Thompson

Charlotte Thompson

Big bright lights. Loud music. Cheers.

I've been on edge all night, sitting across from Louis at the fancy restaurant in this casino. Harry and Niall will be here soon.

When we got to Los Angeles after the whole car chase situation, Harry had an in depth conversation with me in our hotel room about what would be going down.

They're going for the vault—where the money is kept—and they have some people working in the casino that they bribed.

Harry said those people would be wearing the regular red and black casino uniforms, but they'll all have a gold ring on their middle finger. Those are the people on our side.

I have more people to look out for, like the owner.

His name is Alan Montana. He's bald, about 5'11, and in his early 40's. Louis and I need to earn his trust to distract him. Montana was looking for a new secure way of keeping his casino earnings safer, which was ironic in itself. But that's where Louis and I will come in.

This is a big operation, except the ring Harry is involved in has no idea about it. But Harry got some help from some of the guys he works with in that ring, and gave them some money so they'd keep their mouths shut.

Harry has done a good job of keeping us out of the way of any business with that ring. I don't think they've forgotten about us, but the tour has definitely helped with keeping them away.

But tonight is making me nervous.

As I sat on the edge of our hotel bed last night, my jaw dropped when he told me how much money they were going to steal.

"Around 30." he said.

"30 thousand?" I tilted my head.

He shook his head and chuckled a bit.

"No, babe. Thirty Million."

That's 7.5 million dollars for each of us.

My brain can't comprehend that amount of money, and honestly I don't even know what I'll do with it.

With that kind of money, I'll be set for life.

Earlier today, I found myself with Harry at a mall. He made me try on a few different dresses that would make me blend in, and we settled on a figure fitting black dress and got some black heels to match.

Harry himself just got a classic black suit. He wouldn't be seen much by the attendees at the casino because he'd be busy in the vault, but he needed to blend in just in case he had any run ins.

We got ready together, and I had to put myself together with makeup. Somehow, I managed to look okay.

We had to arrive at the casino separately, though. So I went with Louis, who would be playing the role of my brother tonight.