59. Yes, sir

"Time to eat," said Christopher after we left the shop. We began walking, heading in the direction to the seemingly center of the market where the most noise was and most savory smells.

When we got there, it was more crowded than regular walking through the streets: more people, more noise, more body heat.

Great.

I had no idea where we were going, but I did my best to keep up with Christopher who seemed to have a plan in mind. A couple of times, he even stopped to make sure that I was behind him before he continued his way.

There was nowhere specific we were going, that was for sure. Christopher looked around and inspected vendors more times than not before moving on to the next. What he was searching for, I was not sure of. I just hoped that it was something that I could eat under the shade.

"What are you looking for?" I finally asked after what felt like an hour. Christopher spoke as he continued to walk around. 

"Something that you'd enjoy."

Feeling more confident in how I was feeling, I said boldly, "And how do you know what I enjoy?"

With this came another small smile on Christopher's lips when he turned to look behind at me. "I am a very observant man."

I scoffed. "So please, tell me what you think I'd enjoy."

"Easy," Christopher said walking a little further before planting himself in front of a vendor with a steaming table of meat on a stick. "This. Something simple, something exotic, and something favorable such as this wild hog." He looked at the vendor, a thin man that didn't look like he'd eaten what he was selling with a smile and dug into his trousers for his purse. He pulled out a few pounds and planted it in the sweaty man's hands. Christopher then grabbed a stick of meat and turned around to hand it to me. I took it.

"Wait, you're not getting one for yourself?"

"Now's the time I took care of that errand. Come, let's find you a place to eat." He then led me around once more until we came to a small shop that wasn't so crowded. "Slide down against the wall. You can sit here and eat. I'll be back in a bit."

I sighed and slid down, planting myself on the floor and looking up at Christopher. "When will you be back?"

"I'll be back soon enough. Don't go anywhere, alright?" 

"I'm not a child."

"And I'm not your father, I'm your boss, your captain and right now I'm ordering you to stay here. Am I understood?"

I sighed. "Alright then."

Christopher smirked. "What was that?"

That caught my attention. I looked up at him straight in the eyes, an annoyed and yet amused smile on my face. "Yes, sir."

"Good," Christopher said, nodding his head before turning around and disappearing into the crowd. I smiled. The fool. Taking a quick bite of the steaming piggy on the stick (which was excellent I must say), I then proceeded to wedge myself through the people and stood up on my tippy toes to look for the tall and over-confident man that considered himself my captain. 

He was easy to find. 

I smirked at my own cleverness and taking my meal on the road, I followed my dear captain through the streets and through the people to see where that hell he was going. I made sure that I stayed just enough behind him that he couldn't see me, but close enough so that I could see him. If you haven't guessed already, I'm not six foot tall.

Christopher took many winding routes in an indecisive manner, almost as if he was trying to remember where something was. It was a curious thing, and it only made me more curious to find out where he was going.

Could it be another part of his history? Another place that his mother said Columbus has been or left another clue? Could it be in that shack of a building that seemed so familiar around a corner I felt like I hid behind before?

No, it wasn't about the history and it had nothing to do with a clue, but it had everything to do with the island: its beautiful treasures that any man would enjoy, and it took the form of a woman coming out of the shack with a seductive smile on her bright crimson lips in a dress that revealed her cleavage just enough to capture the eyes of any person going by.

So this was what he came here for.

I securely tucked myself behind the street's corner and poked my head out. The street itself wasn't one that was crowded, not even the first time I was there. If it was anything, it was something that already had a name for itself. One wouldn't have to guess what this street was for.

The woman touched Christopher's cheek and tilted her head to the side while licking her lips. Christopher responded to this by putting his hand behind her above the top of the doorway and leaned into her. I watched closely, hoping that maybe I could hear something, anything so I could know the purpose of this visit.

Oh, but I did know. Why else would anyone, any man be here but for something so plain and simple as pleasure? Any fool could see that Christopher, my captain, my boss was here to fulfill what every man in exsistance seemed to fill: the complete and utter pleasure of a woman's touch. 

It made my stomach turn with something sickening and my instincts told me it had nothing to do with the street meat that I consumed. It was something far worse, but I couldn't quite put a finger on it. Was it disgust? Disappointment? Was I surprised by this?

I shouldn't be, not when I knew that this was part of Christopher's life, not when I knew after all this time, but still, something didn't sit right with me and I felt angry at myself for not knowing, for even feeling this way.

Christopher must have said something to the woman because she gave a little nod and turned around and opened up the door behind her, but not before turning around and grabbing Christopher's belt and pulling him inside. He seemed a bit surprised by this, but nonetheless, followed her inside, shutting the door behind him shut. 

I hit my fist against the brick wall of the shop I was hiding behind and breathed a heavy sigh of frustration at myself, at Christopher, at that woman. It all balled into one and it only angered me more. What? What was this feeling? Why was I feeling this way? It made no sense, none of it made sense and I just wanted it to be over. I wanted to go back to the castle. Maybe if I was alone in my room, neck-deep in the bath I could make sense of this all. Maybe, just maybe. 

A little while later, Christopher emerged from the building with something familiar tucked under his arm. I knew what it was, it was something that Christopher had taken a new liking to, another treasure of this island: the cigars, something that Jack advised to avoid. 

The woman followed Christopher out, the crimson paint on her lips smeared to the slightest which made my stomach turn even more for no parent reason. Christopher turned around and lifted her chin up to his face, giving her the slightest peck before pulling away. He then dug deep into his pocket, pulling out a large purse and handing it to the woman. He winked at her in the most charming way, said his goodbye, and then departed, walking straight toward me.

Immediately feeling panic, I ran the other way and dove into a crowd of people before Christopher could see me, following behind them in the same direction that he was, knowing very well that he was on his way back to where I was, where he thought I was.

I had to make a plan, knowing well that with a crowd of people and no sense of direction, I could not make my way back to the spot where Christopher left me in time and without him seeing me, so I did the only that I could think of and that was pretending I was looking around, shopping.

I followed Christopher enough of the way to make it looked like I just left my sitting spot and was looking around the place before 'accidentally bumping into Christopher and hearing what was expected. 

"I told you to sit still."

"No, you told me not to go anywhere. You didn't specify where anywhere was. Plus, I finished eating and I wanted to look around."

Christopher breathed a sigh. "As expected you don't listen to me. I just hope for your sake you didn't buy anything. Your late breakfast was a treat on me, anything else is coming out of your paycheck."

I sighed as well. "Yes, sir."