The Impossible

Trixie's point of view🌹

"Trixie... i think I'm in love with you." Erik said.

I felt my breath catch in my throat. 

He... he loved me? Impossible...

My mind was whirring. I stumbled back, and averted my gaze.

I was standing in the lair, and there was someone standing in the corner.

I went over to her, and reached for her, when she turned around.

It was his appiration, Christine.

"You can't have him!" I cried out, not willing to lose him already.

Her face softened, and a sad smile crossed her face. 'Patricia. I've never wanted to impose on you. I never knew that your mystery man was Erik... i promise I never wanted to hurt you.' She said.

i was confused.

'I give you my blessing. My son, Gustave... he needs you. I need to take care of Raoul, so you can all be safe. Pattie... take care of them.'

And with that, I saw a bright light. I covered my eyes, and when the light receded, she was gone.

I came to with a gasp. I stumbled, and felt myself be caught by strong arms.

Erik lifted me, bridal-style. I worked up the courage to open my eyes, and saw  his blue eyes searching my green ones, worridly. 

I started crying.

"Trixie! Did i do something? My lord, I'm so sorry! I didn't want to do anything!" He was blubbering.

I lifted my hand, and placed it on his unmasked cheek. He stopped suddenly, and i felt him take a sharp intake of breath. He placed me down, gently, on the swan bed.

"Erik..." I murmured, softly. I moved my hand gently, to cup his face.

His next movement befuddled me. he covered my hand with his, and gently removed it. He then clasped my small gentle one in his large ones.

I stared into his eyes, searching for a meaning to his actions. 

I bravely streatched out my other hand, reaching for his mask, but stopped when i saw the fear in his eyes.

"You really want to see behind that..." He said it as a statement. I bit my lip, and nodded.

"Please dont be scared..." He muttered, as he released my hands, and gently removed his mask.

I bit my lip as i caught my first glimpse of his disortion. i felt tears well up in my eyes, as i thought of how such an angel was cursed with such a face.

His shoulders slumped, and a tear sneaked of his eye.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him. He shook his head no.

I cupped his distortion with my hand, then removed my hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

He looked up at me, tears welling in his eyes.

"Was that really so hard?" i mock-scolded him. "It changes nothing."

He gave me a sad smile. I could see that he was about to say something, so I cut him off.

I pressed my lips firmly against his, and felt a thrill go through me.

He let out a soft moan, and deepend the kiss. 

My hands were around his neck, and his were around my waist, pulling me to him.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours, before I pulled away for air.

I tilted my head down, and tried to catch my breath. My racing heart wasn't making it easy, however.  

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bright shining light, which I assumed was Christine.

A sense of fulfillment filled the room, and the light shone brighter. Next thing, it was gone.

'Remember, Patricia. You made a promise. You'd better keep it. 

I looked up at a breathless Erik, and smiled. 

Dont worry Christine, I will.