Regret

Megs point of view🌹

I was swimming off the pier in coney island.

"Leave the hurt behind..." I sang halfheartedly, basicly whispering.

The same scene has haunted my mind for over two years now.

Me almost drowning that sweet child, Gustave. Erik begging me not to hurt him. Me almost killing myself in agony of losing him, my love, to Christine. Erik begging me not to do anything. Him slipping up and mentioning the cause of my heartache. Me shooting her in a flash of fury...

"I never tried to!" I screamed at the dark, stormy sky.

'We all know that...' A voice whispered.

I whipped around as fast I could in the water. I didn't see anyone there.

"Who's there?" I cried out, terrified.

'Father once spoke of an Angel... I used to dream he'd appear... Now as I've met and I've sensed him... I feel more real!'

I gasped at the voice, and the song. It sounded like Christine.

It couldn't be...

"I've been sent my personal demons to torture me, will this pain ever end?". I sang out, to the music on my mind.

'Leave the hurt behind...' The voice whispered.

"Christine, or whatever you are! I can't! My demons torture me, and this will never end!"

If only Erik had let me shoot the gun as I wanted...

'Meg! Don't you dare say that! You have a life to live, SO LIVE!' The voice yelled at me.

"Christine... Christine..." I murmured, hoping on a star.

'Yea Meg. I'm here... Why?' The voice, er, Christine said.

My heart leapt.

"Im... I'm sorry." I mumbled, quietly.

'It's alright. I knew that already. I've been trying to get you to listen to me for almost two years now! You're killing yourself for no reason!'

And with that, I crumpled. I got out of the water, and curled up in a ball on the pier.

I felt arms wrap around me, and looked up.

Christine was just standing there, holding me as i wept. Just like old times...

'Better?' She asked me.

"Better." I said.

'I must go, i think Gustave needs me. Meg... Try to live your life. You probably won't see me again for a while, but I'll be there.'

My heart broke with that. I brushed my blonde hair out of my eyes and ran aftervher retreating figure.

I was too late, and she was gone.