chapter 9

( Edited since first publish )
——————

"Hey, uh. Are you okay? You've been in there
for awhile." George broke the silence swarming the house,

"Yeah" Dream replied, loud enough for George to barely hear.

"Ok, well I cleaned off the table already."

"Thanks,"

"Are you alright, you sound down?"

The dreaded question no one wanted hear when upset. He started to tear up,

"Yeah, i'll be out soon." He said as fast as he could. He wanted alone time for a few minutes,

You're such a sensitive baby Dream..

He wanted life to go back to normal. When he wasn't struggling with everything around him. When he wouldn't go to parties' and find a random guy and tear up over him in the bathroom.

He was so confused on why he was tearing up over someone that he had barley made memories with,

This is so pathetic.

After a few more minutes of procrastinating if we wanted to stay in the bathroom for the rest of the night, he finally got out.

His tried his hardest to get to his room without bumping into George.

He got to his room and locked his door. he didn't have the energy to come out of his room for the rest of the night.

———

Dream woke up to banging on the door.

"What?" He said in a sleepy voice.

"Sorry for disturbing but, I'm kind of hungry and was gonna go out to eat, would you wanna come?"

"Sure, just give me 5 minutes" he didn't really have any interest in going, even though it was George.

He got up, his eye bags creeping on his face more than usual, and his hair messy covering his forehead.

He put on some jeans and a regular sweatshirt, and left his hair be. He brushed his teeth and washed his face and went to go find George,

"I'm ready." He told George sounding bland,

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, can you stop asking? I'm capable of checking in on myself when i'm upset.

No you aren't, you push away your emotions when your upset? Stop lying.

He hadn't realized how aggressive he sounded

George looked down, it looked like he was holding back tears

He couldn't bring himself to apologize, and just told George to go get in the car. And he did so.

———

The car ride was filled with tension. But Georges head was filled with thoughts

What was Dreams issue? Had he done something wrong? He'd noticed that he didn't look or sound well but he brushed it off, should he be concerned? well he'd got mad when he asked, so he probably shouldn't ask anymore.

He had so many questions, and usually he wouldn't mind asking them, but right now he didn't want to make Dream even more upset.

He looked over to Dream who was gripping the wheel has hard as he could, turning his knuckles even paler than he was. He didn't point it out though, in fear Dream would get more mad.

They got there and got a table and sat down, once again in silence. Before a familiar person came up, It was the Nurse from when George got into the incident.

"Oh hey!" She exclaimed,

"Hi!" George smiled,

"I helped you out in the hospital right?"

"Yeah, I remember you!"

"Uh, well I didn't think it would be the best time to ask you this at the time, so can I get your snap?"

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"Can I excuse myself? Thanks." Dream said sarcastically. Dreams jealousy grew and grew. He didn't know why he's was so jealous. He kept reminding himself, that he never had much memories with George. But it still hurt.

He walked to the bathroom and looked at himself. He was disappointed in himself.

Toughen up

Those voices in his head would once again return. He wished they would go away.

He slowly sat down and looked at his phone. He realized how much of a jerk he was being to George and attempted to apologize to George.

"Im, uh,"

George tilted his head in confusion,

"Sorry" Dream said quietly,

"Hey." He reached out to touch Dreams hand, "It's fine, just please tell me what's wrong?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay that's fine. I understand, But if you need it, i'm always here if you need to talk?"

"Thanks." Dream smiled for the first time since yesterday.

They continued their day with small talk. and Dream realized he should try and earn George back because he will never regain his memory back again, or he thought so.

—————————

YOU GUYS, WTH 8K READS???? I SERIOUSLY CANT, I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH AND IM SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE THATS CONTINUED TO READ! <3

also have you ate and drank water today? if not go do, you can do this :). your appreciated more than you know, always remember your never alone. i love you so so so much, and if you need it please please please don't be afraid to message me, i promise i will listen. i love you <3

have a good rest of your day/night :)

( 851 words)