Chapter Thirteen

The drive to the business drinks was relatively long and silent

The drive to the business drinks was relatively long and silent. I occasionally looked over at Alexander through the corners of my eyes. Every time I looked to him, he was on his phone. My mind kept on going back to Calum. Seeing him in that room kept flashing in and out my mind. I pursed my lips trying to hold back the tears.

After about twenty minutes of driving, we finally got to our destination.

"We're here Mr Pierce." The driver called. He got out from his seat and opened up the door.

Alexander motioned for me to go first. I carefully glided along the seats of the limo, making sure I didn't flash myself with the gaping thigh slit I had on my dress.

I got out of the limo, sorting out the skirt of my dress, I looked up to my surroundings and I was astounded at what I was seeing. Right in front of me was a grand mansion. It had a contemporary French look to it. Exposed cream-coloured bricks accompanied with brown windows. The windows were large, I was able to see inside the mansion. It was brightly lit inside, with a vast amount of people talking, laughing and drinking. I turned around to see where I was, all I could see was nothing but trees. We were nestled deep in to the woods.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Alexander asked with his soothing voice in close proximity to my ears. I could feel that he was very close behind me. I could feel his hand move, he barely touched me but I could feel him.

"I've never seen such a grand mansion in real life. I always thought these buildings only existed on tv." I replied, still taking in the beauty of the mansion.

"This is Charles Moore's mansion. He's the one who's often hosting these business drinks. He's my go to business partner. He's one heck of a businessman." Alexander walked around standing in front of me.

"I can't wait to meet him." I raised my eyebrows slightly.

Alexander lifted his hand, placing it under my chin, slightly lifting my head so that my eyes are met with his.

"Are you okay? You don't seem yourself?" He questioned.

Realising that my emotions were probably showcased on my face, I forced myself to smile. "Of course, I'm fine. Shall we?"

Alexander took his hand away, he stood to my side, offering his arm. I slowly slipped my arm around his, interlinking our arms. We proceeded to walk towards the breath-taking mansion.

When we reached the towering brown doors, that matched the windows, the doorman gave us both a nod and opened it up for us.

As the door opened, I was welcomed to the sound of classical music playing, with the sound of chatter and laughter from people. It looked like we had entered a ballroom, but looking around I noticed there were bespoke furniture dressing the room. I looked towards my left and saw a bar, the drinks were continuously being made and placed on the bar table by the barman.