Chapter Twenty-Eight

Being kept in a secluded room, at the back of the garden, felt like I was a caged animal

Being kept in a secluded room, at the back of the garden, felt like I was a caged animal. The inside of the room was made up of bare bricks, along with the concrete floor, the air inside felt ice cold. One small window at the top, barely letting the light in. It was evident that this room had been forgotten about, the cobwebs justified it.

Pacing up and down the room, with my arms crossed, shivers ran down my spine. There was no warmth in this room. My plan bursted into flames. As I tried to get away, I was caught. My bag, which had the file in, and my phone was taken away.

I was none the wiser with what was happening on the outside. So many thoughts crashed into my head. Whether Sarah knew I was in trouble. Did Sarah call Alexander?

The sound of the door opening, caught my attention. I darted my head towards the door, only to see Viv's menacing looks casting her eyes on me.

Closing the door, she leaned her back upon it, creeping a smirk on her face.

"I didn't have you as a two-faced snake!" I growled, twitching my lips.

"Is that supposed to be hurtful?" Viv sarcastically asked, raising her brows.

Disapprovingly nodding my head and rolling my eyes, I looked at Viv, noticing the lack of care in her face. "I don't get it; you were so nice to me at the start. Why are you doing this? I understand with Charles, but you?"

Viv chuckled in a condescending way. "He's my husband, what do you expect? I'll help him no matter what."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but your husband is a disgusting man. Married to you and he can't keep his eyes and hands off me." I purposely barked my words to her, trying to make her angry.

Viv straightened her posture, she slowly marched her way over to me, till she was standing in front of me. Her piercing eyes burned into me. I don't back down, I edged closer to her, glaring at her.

She shook her head and tutted. "Oh, you poor naive girl, don't you see? It was all part of the plan. I wanted to find a sweet innocent girl like you to take over. It was my idea to get Charles to make you feel uncomfortable, so you didn't get an insight on what we were doing-"

"What?" I exclaimed not letting her finish, "I guess it makes sense now. I thought I had a short interview because you saw potential in me."

Viv started to cackle like a witch. "I had a plan to hire the last person I interviewed, that just happened to be you."

Her words made me feel like a failure. I applied to the job to showcase my talent and desire to do well. It suddenly felt like I was just a pawn in their evil plan.

"But it looks like I hired the wrong person in the end." Viv snapped placing her hands on her hips, "You just had to stick your nose in our business! I guess that's what happens when you're in love with your boss."