Chapter Twelve

I had to escape from that building

I had to escape from that building. The air around me started to make me feel sick, I felt like my organs were being squeezed. I felt like I couldn't breath. I had to get out, I needed air. I ran down the stairs, nearly missing a step and falling. I could hear Calum call me, I didn't want to look at him, I didn't even want to speak to him.

I finally managed to get out and the cold air hit me like a tidal wave. It felt like I had been running on a treadmill, my legs felt wobbly and I was breathless. My vision started to get blurry as it was full with tears. Slowly one by one my water fell down my face.

"Louisa! Wait!" Calum yelled out of breath, running after me.

"NO! Don't touch me!" I shouted turning around expanding my arm, keeping Calum at arms length.

"It's not what it look like-"

"What?" I scoffed, "It's not what it looks like? Well to me it looked like you were ready for another woman to give you a blowjob."

At this point my tears were continuously falling down my face. My whole body was filled with anger and range.

"Please Louisa, let me explain." Calum pleaded, ashamed at the fact that I caught him.

"Please do, I want to hear what you have to say." I cried out.

"It's just that lately I've been stressed, things weren't good between us, we weren't sleeping together. I've been feeling frustrated-"

"And I haven't?" I interrupted, "It's bullshit. You're coming up with bullshit excuses."

"Louisa, please, I-"

"How long?" I interrupted again.

"Listen I-"

"I said how long? And don't you dare bother lying. I want the truth." I pointed my finger at his face.

Calum looked down in shame, he was hesitant in answering the question. My heart started beating in terror, scared about what he would say.

"Few months." Calum mumbled in a low voice, with his head still down towards the ground.

"Exactly how long." I sternly asked as I managed to keep my composure. I managed to stop crying as I needed a clear mind to acknowledge what was going on.

"About five months." Calum let out in almost a whisper.

I gasped in shock. Those word crashed into my ears. Five months, the words were constantly repeating in my mind. I stared into an empty space, I was feeling numb.

"I just want to know why? I've done nothing but love you and you've thrown it back in my face." I said coming out of my trance.

"I just had to fulfil my needs... I... I'm sorry." Calum replied, now looking up towards me.

I started to laugh hysterically. I was forcing myself to laugh to show how pathetic he sounded.

"And you don't think I have needs? While you were gladly getting pleasure from a new woman everyday, my mind was constantly on you. I always thought of you and cared about what you thought." my voice started to get louder and louder. I didn't care that we were on the street, I was overwhelmed with so many emotions.