Chapter 18:

The sun was high in the sky and on this beautiful morning, Emma joined her son who was holding his book in his hands. They were in the abandoned park.

"Hey, do you remember when I didn't believe in fairytales at all? You were talking about the final battle, that it was me who had to restore happy endings and all that..."

The young woman hugged her son. She was wearing her usual red jacket and her hair cascaded down her shoulders.

"Well... now I believe it. You were right from the start. The final battle is approaching," she added, smiling.

Henry sighed.

"This is not the final battle. This is just a taste of what will happen to you in the future."

"And what will happen to me?"

Henry stared at his mother, a sad look on his face.

"You'll die. As the Apprentice said, and he's right... I couldn't save you," the boy replied.

"I'm not going to die, Henry! I will win this battle, I will defeat the Dark One, and I will always be there.  By your side," Emma reassured him.

The boy started to speak but she interrupted him.

"The Savior, the good, the light always wins, all that... that's what constitutes the Heroes, isn't it?  We will win. You have to believe it. Believe in hope..."

"I'm sick of believing. Everyone always thought that the Heroes won, yes, we won lots of battles, that's right, but what if... we were wrong? What if... the Villains won in the end?

He opened his book and turned the pages, showing the storytelling stories.

"Each time, we won, you saved all these people, you beat all these Villains, you broke the curse, you gave them back their identity, you managed to give us hope..."

Her mother smiles.

"But... if we lost? It would be the end of Heroes, of Savior, of hope..." continued Henry, a sad look on his face.

"The Dark One is not going to win, don't worry! I am going to fight. I'm the Savior and I'm going to stop these Villains from winning, they don't have to be at the end of the book with a happy ending, it's us! And we'll be there, believe me," Emma said.

Henry didn't answer and closed his book abruptly.

"It doesn't change what I told you yesterday. I want to get back to New York and as soon as possible."

The Savior sighed.

"Henry, please..."

Her son got up and left, his book under his arm.

{ At Emma and Hook }

Emma slammed the door shut and sat down on the sofa.  She looked out the window at the town of Storybrooke and sighed. She couldn't leave her... it had taken several days for her to realize that it was her home, several days for her to realize that Henry loved this city just like the inhabitants, several days for her to know that it was her home. She realizes that this city, this life was really a fairytale and that she had found her place.

Now... the city that Henry had cherished so much from an early age was no longer important to him and it was his son who wanted to leave it. The roles were reversed.

"Henry..." she sighed.

Suddenly the door opened and Regina entered the room.

"Emma, ​​are you all right? Did you find out what's bothering Henry?"

The woman turned to her friend.

"He... he wants to go back to New York but I don't want to, I want to stay in Storybrooke! I don't want to leave my family, you and Killian..." answered Emma.

Regina looked down guiltily without saying anything.

"What is it, Regina?" Emma asked.

"Henry is not wrong," whispered the Evil Queen.

"What?"

Regina sighed and sat down next to Emma.

"Henry isn't wrong. Maybe you should go back to New York... it's true that you are not safe here."

The Savior sighed.

"But..."

"I know. I'm sorry, Emma. Hook even told you... he wouldn't want anything to happen to you. You have to get out of this town," Regina said.

Emma stared at Regina and smiled weakly.

"Why do you all think the only way is to escape? I have to fight. For the good of all. I am the Savior, I must save the people I love," said Emma.

The Queen took the Savior's hand and smiled.

"Including you. I regret to tell you that your work ends there now..."

Regina got up and left the house without Emma being able to add anything.